Cumming Vs. an Orgasm

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Ice Cold, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

I was talking to my friend today, about an encounter she had with her new boyfriend. She said it was the greatest sex she ever had, and that she almost had an orgasm. This puzzled me because she told me i made her cum multiple times before. When i asked her about that, she said that theres a difference between cumming, and achieving an orgasm. SHe described and orgasm as your whole body loosing control, and didnt say much about cumming. She said dude made her cum 12 times and almost orgasm. Im not doubting what she said, but i thought that cumming and orgasms are the same. I know theres big ones and small ones, and some people can have multiple. My girl has told me i have given her a few multiple orgasms, and i make her cum or orgasm on a regular basis; she uses the two words synonymously, never differentiating between the two. Im just curious whether or not there is a difference between the two or my friend just confused mild orgasms with big ones.

2. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Same here, I do believe that they are same thing... *scratching head*

Maybe she meant that orgasm is more like a feeling. Cumming is shooting whatever it that comes out....

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hmm..I guess we should get one of our sex therapists' expert opinions on this one because I too always thought that coming (cumming) and having an orgasm were one and the same thing. However, I once knew a guy who claimed to be able to count the number or orgasms he has had on one hand. He's ejaculated lots of times, he said, everytime he has sex, but has had only four orgasms in his life. I found that really puzzling. :shrug

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Well, for a guy, perhaps it is the differnce between 'getting off' ( where the main pleasure is felt right between the legs) - and a total, or tantric, orgasm (where, indeed, the entire body goes through a rapturous experience).

So I wonder if IceCold's female friend is saying she can ejaculate (squirt, cum) many times from new b/f, but she hasn't experienced the total body convulsions that a good orgasm can give?

5. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Well I know there is a certain and specific difference between ejaculation and orgasm in men, for those who learn to separate them. Orgasm and ejaculation are often simultaneous, but men can learn to orgasm many times without ejaculating. I suppose some women may refer to the two seperately. Like Rose I'm assuming she is referring to the intimacy of the act. Many men have made me cum, few have taken me to another plain, where my whole body is involved and my mind is not in my own control. Personally, I still refer to both as orgasms, but they differ in intensity.....
    :shrugs

6. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

thats what i just figured, different intensity. thanks for the input guys.

7. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Yup same thing, she is making up her own terms. She might be talking about clitoral vs. vaginal orgasm or a different emotional or passion level.

8. Bubsy

Bubsy New Member

Yea, for me.....as a man, orgasm is same as cumming, but every orgasm is different in some way or another. Sometimes you really feel the prostate kicking down there, hard, sometimes you barely feel it but it usually always feel good, but not tremendous. Usually the harder you cum, the better though. It's good to tease yourself for awhile, not go for the quick O for men if u want it to pump hard.

9. Skippy84

Skippy84 New Member

Got confused there for a second! Glad we landed on the fact that it is the same thing:)

As a man, my orgasms feels mostly the same. The sex differs, of course, but the orgasms differs mostly from how long we've been going on.

The only exception is when my lady gives me a BJ. She's the only one I've ever had sex with, so I can't say if she's escecially good, or thet BJs in general are GREAT, but OH MY! A BJ can give me orgasms lasting for 15-20 seconds, feeling it in my whole body.

10. SonReadThis

SonReadThis New Member

Hit the nail right on the head.. for me and my s/o at least. For me making her cum is almost nothing (well the whole thing is special). We can do that over and over. But to have her just... break down and just it's a deep long moan and she'll be out of it and dishelved and just... have every touch afterwards feel just as good. I call that an orgasm.

But in the most literal sense they're both the same..:ugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.