Crush on Medical People

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by HerHubby, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

This came to mind, today, so I thought that I would share it here. Back in 2005, I had a very serious leg infection for which I had to be hospitalized for several days. While I was in the hospital, in addition to receiving massive doses of antibiotics, I had regular visits from a physical therapist who was around my age. She was a nice lady, nice to look at too. Her therapeutic massage on my leg eased my pain and started the healing process. I had to lay on this big, raisable mat while she did the massage. At one point, she had to lean over me and I could feel her "bush" through her pants. When she massaged my leg, her hands came very close to my penis, lightly touching it a couple of times. She was friendly yet very professional, however, I found myself sort of developing a feeling of, um, attraction to her. I tried to put it out of my mind, however, I had been so sick and in pain and she had helped a great deal and I found myself having some fantasy's that I really felt very guilty about having. I haven't seen her since the therapy stopped and doubt that I will ever see her again, however, occasionally she has come to mind. Of course, as a professional, I doubt that she would have ever made a move on me, however, I couldn't help the fantasy even though I felt uncomfortable with it. Has anyone else ever developed a feeling of attraction for a medical care giver? I understand that sometimes a medical person can be very helpful and cause one to feel very grateful, however, it bothered me that I was feeling that way, especially because I have always been faithful to my wife. I am sure that someday the physical therapist will not come to mind at all, however, sometimes, especially when my leg occasionally bothers me, she pops into mind and I try to put her back out of my mind. Anybody else ever had something like this happen with a medical caregiver and feel weird about it? Or did you enjoy it?

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

Having worked in healthcare at a project management level, with nurses and doctors working for me, I found it quite common that patients got very attached to their caregivers, and it varied from old people going gooey over the nurses to situations such as you describe.

My wife is a paramedic at a large public hospital, and she gets gifts all the time (and a bit of flirting too)! Take it from me, it is a job, and these people have their own lives. Any noted flirting is probably discussed with husband or partner at the end of the shift while said healthcare professional is having dinner with her family.

3. HerHubby

Gold Member

Oh, yeah, please understand, I realize that medical people are professionals and I wasn't trying to imply anything else or get a "medical fetish" thread started. I was just greatly surprised at my own reaction and how I was feeling. It sort of shocked me and I also felt kind of ashamed of myself. Although I like women and all that, in a medical setting I was finding myself having reactions of feeling attracted to my therapist and constantly having to tell myself (silently, in my thoughts of course)"you should be ashamed of yourself, STOP feeling like that, it is totally inappropriate!" It was just a - for me - weird situation. I was actually glad when the last session happened and I was released from her care. Of course, she did a good job and I hope that she never guessed about the feelings I had which I kept totally to myself. Then and now, I was just suprised at myself and how I found myself feeling. I really would rather stay out of the hospital and never go through anything like that again. It was just too stressful in more ways than one! Because of my medical emergency and my feelings I was just sort of "emotionally rattled" so to speak, for a few months after that. I've gotten it all in better perspective now, however, occasionally the therapist comes to mind and I feel weird about it again and have to put it out of my mind.

4. HerHubby

Gold Member

Sorry that I brought any of this up, I probably should not have mentioned it here. I guess that I was just sort of bringing it out in the open and dealing with it. Should have just kept it to myself.

5. schwa'd

schwa'd New Member

1st, i totally agree with get it out in the open. i, personally, tend to obsess about things. sometimes talking about things helps me to let go...at least for a while.
    2nd, yeah, it's happened to me...both from physical touch and intellectual admiration (geeks turn me on)
    3rd, i'm a nurse and i've known people to get attached to me after being dependent upon me for everything from their safety to their dignity. then there are people admiring me for what i know, those who just think i'm cute, those who wouldn't have looked twice at me till i went to put a condom cath on, and of course those who are on the ol' morphine pump and think i'm just the bee's knees.

it happens!

6. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

You are only human, Her Hubby. It is good to get it off your chest. I think that is why a lot of us are here. Unfortunately for me, my experience with a hospital stay was when I was 14 yo and my nurse was a 300 lb suma wrestler.

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

I think what you've experienced is perfectly normal. No need to fret! I think there's some innate attraction doohicky in the brain that is sparked by a caretaker, or heroic, type. I see a cop, or a fireman, and I turn into a little puddle of quivering jello. It's instinctive. *shrugs* It's not who you're attracted to that matters, it's whether or not you act on those feelings that counts.

8. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

OMG.. did you say fireman?

You hit the nail on the head, Bluesy. It's easy to feel attraction, admiration, etc., for people of caregiving professions. Sometimes I feel that way about armed service members too.

And your mention of firemen made me laugh/blush,.. I very intentionally take my toddlers to the playground right next to a fire station... and it's not because I like looking at the firetrucks... lol :eek:

9. HerHubby

Gold Member

A big hug to all of you for your kind responses! They truly do help me deal with my feelings about that situation! Thank you! I'd just never felt that way before and it sort of "freaked me out" that I did. I've gotta say that the therapist who took care of me was one of the hardest working, most dedicated professionals I have ever seen anywhere and she saved me from having a LOT of pain I would otherwise have experienced. By the way, I, too, think very highly of fire fighters, police officers and military personnel, um, uh, but not quite like you ladies above do, ha, ha! I was pleased to learn that schwa'd is a nurse! In a non-sexual way, of course I hold nurses in the highest regard, too! Although the female nurses do often look mighty cute in their scrub suits and other uniforms! ;>

10. HerHubby

Gold Member

Thanks! If it's any consolation about your nurse, when I was in the hospital, my night nurse was this big ol' guy who looked kinda like FRANKENSTEIN!! Ha, ha!!

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

It is good to get it off your chest, and now you know you're not the only patient where this happens. You also know that the women know what's going on and they understand why: treating illness is a very personal thing and healthcare is a very caring industry.

12. christina_w

christina_w New Member

Gyno

I've found myself getting wet at the gyno before as I had a good looking guy to do it!

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

Wasn't that embarrassing? I'd be mortified! :ugh

14. christina_w

christina_w New Member

I was pretty mortified yeah mostly because I had no idea it was gonna be a guy to do it, and he was really young and good looking so I felt quite vunerable to start with! He was really authoritive with me which turned me on, he gave me this gown and told me to undress completly including underwear and socks and to put it on. I think he could tell straight off that I was turned on as the gown was completly open at the front and my nipples were hard, he put on latex gloves for doing the internal exam and had some lubricant ready and then he told me that it should be ok without the lubricant as he put his finger in me I think because I was so wet! But he was professional and explained everything he was doing, but I've day dreamed about having sex with me since!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.