[Male] Creepy and awesome all at once

Discussion in 'Adult Photos and Videos' started by paintedblue, May 15, 2012.

1. paintedblue

paintedblue Member

Here is the backstory:

For the project I create the pseudonym of “Renate Rost” and go onto internet sex platforms. There I contact men via email and chat and ask them if I can photograph them naked in hotel rooms. On the one hand I am very interested to see what kind of men are really hidden behind these anonymous internet profiles and on the other hand I am very keen on transforming their sexually coded bodies into an image. As a photographer and as a woman I miss the heterosexual gaze on the male body. I enjoy challenging the balance of power of the male gaze and the female object and let the men become my object of desire. For this reason I only work with heterosexual men that react to me as a female photographer. The process of photographing becomes a role play itself which reveals a sexuality and transforms it into an image that often even surprises my sitters. The interest in creating a scenario with a documentary background and the love for images superimposes the original setting: a man, a woman, a hotel room.

Portraits of Men Discovered Through Internet Sex Forums (NSFW) | Feature Shoot

2. shadowofmyheart

shadowofmyheart New Member

Thats amazing. Im wondering if it leads to sex or? Very interesting idea.