Creatine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dino, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Dino

Dino Member

Any heavy exercisers out there ever tried creatine?

I tried it once, about 6-7 months ago and it was amazing! Didn't need to use it again. Then I suffered a relapse and had to put working out on hold for a month or two. Started weights again but it looks like I might take the creatine route once more - running out of energy halfway through the workout! I can do cardio for ages, I swim for 40 minutes every day, but not the weights!

Anyone here know any alternatives; any other way to boost energy during a workout?

2. acemike

acemike Member

I use it regularly when I work out. I don't experience the the burn-out and have more stamina during my work outs. I think it helps.

3. ranger

ranger New Member

I take Nitric Oxide pills before I weight train. It really helps get the blood flowing. As I get older I have cut back on lifting to 3X a week. I would rather do more cardio now. I have reached the point where heavy lifting takes to long to recover from. I pretty much only lift to maintain my arm and chest size. For me to gain mass is way too much effort.

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Never taken any of it, I enjoy the pain.

5. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

I've used it. Not primarily for exercising though(used it to balance out diluted drug tests:lol). That being said, I work out and it seemed to add some water weight. Maybe close to 7-10 pounds. It never seemed to substantially increase strength or anything of that sort. I keep it simple to eating healthy and working out routinely.

It never seemed to really boost my energy. I'm already a pretty high energized person so maybe I don't take notice to it. If you're primarily looking to maximize your energy you're probably best off finding your peak of the day. Everybody has a physical peak during some course of the day depending on your sleep cycles. Figure out what yours is. Mine has to be either super early in the mornings or super late at night, but most peoples wont be that.

Other than that you can use banned substances such as EPO:lol

#5 Chronichaze, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  6. nyxx

nyxx New Member

you should take it biweekly. your body produces it as well, if you stagger it biweekly you'll boost for one week and your body will start creating more by itself.

really though, there isn't any proven benefit from creatine. some people say it helps some don't. i never found any benefit from it. i work out mornings and nights right now and i never burn out.

maybe you're burning out because you do too much cardio. cardio and weight lifting is counter productive. thats like trying to pulling something while leaning towards it, waste of energy. cardio is excellent, don't get me wrong but if you are trying to build muscle then don't do 40+ minutes of cardio. if you aren't muscle building, just strength training then don't do so much weight.

also, watch what you eat. a lot of people think they eat well but its actually trash. don't google what other people eat, they are eating for themselves not for you. everyones body works differently internally. trial and error is your best friend.