Craigslist Casual Encounters - Are they for real

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by HStein, Dec 6, 2012.

1. HStein

HStein Member

I recently became curious (not that kind of curious!) about CG and the Casual Encounters section. Besides the copious cock pics, is any of that stuff for real?

Do couples out there just post "Anyone at the Holiday Inn in Clearwater tonight?" and actually hook up?

Do any of those guys that post cock pics actually get laid? By guys or girls?

2. 12barblues

Gold Member

Most of them are phony....using fake pics. And people have been hurt or even killed meeting up with strangers from CRAIGSLIST. But you can weed them out. Just be smart about it. We have tried to use it three times. 2 of the times were great experiences. The other one , we had many conversations and finally chose one. But when we finally decided to try and meet we found that they were an hour away so we just didn't do it..haven't used it in over a year tho.

3. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I did try Craigs List once...wasn't a horrid experience but not what I was looking for. The ads are fun to read sometimes but don't think Mr RN or I will do this again.

4. almostthere

Gold Member

I went as far as meeting a cl woman i was emailing for months. When she walked into the coffee shop i walked out. She was no looker as she portrayed herself. I think, or i know, even if she was hot i would have bought her a latte and called it a day

5. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Some of them are even Police Stings to catch predators. The only reason I know is because my friends are cops and they have told me these stories. Scary!

6. HStein

HStein Member

Um, please do tell... in great detail if you will. two out of three are decent odds...

7. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Just seems way too risky to me.

8. just4fun

Gold Member

Agreed. Use swing life you have a better chance at meeting real decent people.

9. AtkCCC

Gold Member

No way, no how would I do the CL hookup thing. Too many crazys out there.

10. 12barblues

Gold Member

I feel like I've told that story too many times here....maybe I can find one of the threads where I've told the tale and direct u there...

11. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I've had good encounters from there. Some people are fake though and some just want to see if they get a response. I never replied to ads myself. I was usually the one posting and going through emails. That's how I met my husband. He answered my ad for sex and we met up the same night and have been together ever since and that was three years ago.

We have also put ads on there to meet people and have had a lot of duds. Met two people and they weren't horrible experiences.

12. sandwich

Gold Member

As a female who has had the shit scared out of her by a small handful of creepers I think I would go celebate the rest of my life first. I'm a confessed big chicken!

13. AtkCCC

Gold Member

This thread reminds me of that State Farm Commercial. Where you cant put anything on the internet thats not true...you know the guy thats a French Model! Thats the way I see CL dating stuff. Either that or my date would show up with a chainsaw.

14. beachbum

beachbum New Member

You sound like my kind of girl. Want to meet?

15. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Uhhh, bonjour :lol

16. ISOParadiseCity

I tried the craigslist route for a while.
    I had some responses, but it seemed like most of it was fake.
    I traded 'normal' pictures with one chick, and actually got what appeared to be a 'real' person. She was kinda tatte'ed up, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her responce after my picture was "Are we going to do this or what?" haha
    I had sent so many messages tryin to hook up, but failed, I was basically emailing out of boredom, and never actually expected someone to be serious about it.
    I panicked, and chickened out. I really wish I pursued it more, as she seemed good looking and real. And lately, the idea of sleeping with a tatte'ed up chick seems to have made it on my bucket list. I dont mean one or two tats. I mean a full sleeve or more.
    Now, 7 years later I STILL get what seems to be automated responses from the emails i sent out trying to hook up. And often. cluttering up my email inbox. haha, but i just laugh about it now.

17. OverSinged

Gold Member

That's why you make a spam email, so when you sign up for things that are likely to send tons of spam, it just goes to it, instead of your main one.

18. Tner

Tner New Member

Hey all,

I've been on this site for a while, but this is my first post. I wanted to reply to this because I've had some success.

I travel a lot for work. When I travel, I feel a little naughty and want to blow off some steam so every now and then I've used CL to satisfy my occasional desire to be with another guy.

It's pretty easy to cast the net so to speak, but as others have said you need to be careful. I tend to look for other business travelers and when possible staying in the same hotel. When I think I've found someone and it might work, we exchange room numbers, call the room, etc. Believe it or not, this is fairly easy to do. I've had about 6 CL encounters over the past 2-3 years.

I guess all of us married/attached guys use CL when traveling to satisfy some of our desires.

19. slickdick

slickdick Member

Looking for single women is hard. Single/married men are easy to find. I have had luck looking for couples looking for a bi male.

20. 12barblues

Gold Member

I think it's a little easier for gay men to hook up on craigslist , it seems like its about 80% gay there.....not to many M4W ads or W4M....