Couple therapy

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by KatieChen, Mar 28, 2007.

1. KatieChen

KatieChen New Member

Hello to all the couples out there. How are you all doing? I am Katie, i'm to this forum but I been doing therapy for the other forums I have been on. If you or your lover or both of you have any general questions on how to make your relationship stronger or your going through a hard time, please let me know and I will make it my best ability to sort out the problems and make it like the first day you guys met.

2. SexyScorp

Gold Member

That is a very kind offer Katie

But I am not sure you can make claims of sorting out peoples' problems and making it like the "first day you guys met"......

Do I read right when you say you are 20......?

How at this age would you qualify for this type of work?

Sorry just a little cynical tbh!!!

No offence but i was pretty clueless at age 20 and wouldnt have been
    qualified to help guide peoples' marriages....

:)

3. Bella

Gold Member

I was thinking the same thing SS! :ugh
    ~Bella

4. Howie_t

Howie_t New Member

And she's a nursing Asistance at that.That's got me a little puzzled too.

5. KatieChen

KatieChen New Member

OK. I graduated high school at 14. Haha. Not to be a smart ass but I was sent to preschool by the age of 2. My mother and father ( both chinese) beleive that a chinese child should be smart and in all honor classes. Graduated high school at 14. Went to college when i was 17. Graduated school last year. Nursing asst course isnt that actually. Its a nice class. I always wanted to become a nurse since I was like 10. I was always the one taking care of my baby sisters when they are sick. Father left me with them alone. Anyways, you also asked what specilaty do I have to do therapy. Well, I have to say that I been through so much problems myself and that gave me idea on what a couple should do or not do. Like I helped out this couple ( who wanna stay anoymous) with their personal problem. She is too jelous. He is too winey. I basically sat them both down and introduced them to new stuff they can do toegther and not get upset about.

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

I believe we're all here for the same noble purpose. ;)

7. KatieChen

KatieChen New Member

Yep heels. I just like to make it easier for some couples who cant seem to find a way to make up. Anyways, how are you heel?

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

Please don't misrepresent to be a professional when you indeed are not. We're all here to help people with their issues; doing so does not make us experts in the field or even qualify us as therapists. :)

It's great that you want to help out, and I hope you can do so here.

9. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I wouldnt consider appointing a counsellor who was under the age of 40
    that hadnt been married at least once, divorced at least once and had given
    birth at least once...

Hey Katie....maybe we can help you girl.....and you can learn something as
    indeed we all need to do...

Okay?

10. KatieChen

KatieChen New Member

heels. i never said i was a professional. I just like to help. ss, um.. i might not be 40 or over or got married and disvorced. I know i can help. I helped others to.

11. SexyScorp

Gold Member

We can help each other Katie

That is what we are here for.....to share, to help, to listen.....to tell our life experiences
    and stories....

Thats what forums are for arent they?

Enjoy!!!!

12. Howie_t

Howie_t New Member

I TOTALLY agree with you Sexyscorp and Heelfetish.We're all here to learn from and to help eachother,and to let you all know,I have learned more from this forum than any other forum that I have been on.In my book this forum is rated as being the #1 forum,simply because the people here tells it like it is.They tells in a way that they want you to know what they have experienced is good or bad,that way those who haven't can see what they are in for especially those who wants to or are looking to experience the same thing. You all here are GREAT people and hope you all continue that way.

13. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I agree, i have learned a lot from the people on this forum. No matter what you are going through there is someone here that has been through it or knows how to advise you.
    At 22 i still feel fairly clueless in a lot of things and it is wonderful to get others opinions, to form some of my own and to offer advice when i can. Probably no one on here knows everything but together i think we must get close to it!

14. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

:sf is full of people who enjoy helping and caring about the other members. Even at 52, I've learned a great deal, and hopefully have helped others along the way.

It's probably best to simply join the forum, submit your "two-cents-worth" of advice or insight, and let the chips fall where they may. Tooting one's own horn right off the bat tends to send red flags.

That said, we will certainly enjoy your posts and 'words of wisdom', and welcome to :sf!

15. PappaBear

PappaBear New Member

Just asking , what credentials , education , or Qualifications do you have as a therapist ? In another place & in the past I once ask ya the same Questions , but you never did answer , and B4 I'd offer to have you advise me in my romantic/marrital affairs I'd like to know >:] .