could you/would you/?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by redics_girl, Apr 25, 2013.

1. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

Could you be with someone who you feel is either more intelligent or far less intelligent that yourself? Would you be intimidated by the first or be able to accommodate the latter?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yes, always had a thing for wiser women.
    Also happy to have a female boss ;)
    The other way works well so long as they what is lacking upstairs is made up below.
    However even fucking her brains out does't really augur well for long term relationship in such cases.

#2 lbushwalker, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  3. TwylyteKyss

TwylyteKyss New Member

As far as being more intelligent, as long as they're not making me feel stupid I could
    Being less intelligent, I could I think.

4. Squint

Squint Member

Been there done that! It didn't work, but not for exactly that reason, but it was certainly associated with it.

I can tell you from experience that you can’t have a really healthy relationship if you can’t communicate well. Well duhh. Ok, I was thinking with other body parts, but I did love her.

It won’t fail or succeed because of straight ‘intelligence’ per say, my advice is be very comfortable communicating with them. Please notice repeatedly used the word ‘communicate’ and not ‘talk’. As in message received and understood.

If the communiqués you get back are consistently chaotic, and not logical - run forest, run.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Thank you for starting this thread. It's going to be interesting to see where it goes.

I personally could be with both types. I have been with both types. I do not like superiority complexes though. I feel like my husband is far more smart then myself, technologically speaking. He has two separate degrees and a lot of it is right over my head. I am not ashamed of this either. He is not educated in the manner I am in my area of expertise.

I think if both parties can respect each other, there's no issue.

6. Essene

Gold Member

I could do either quite easily.

Of course I rarely attract uneducated people; so I doubt the latter would occur. If it did, I would have no qualms with it if we loved one another.

7. Squint

Squint Member

Quick joke for you. I'am in technology (no, no that's not it).
    Do you know what technical types use for birth control?
    Its personality!

I love that joke. Its best told by the ladies, but works both ways.

8. 12barblues

Gold Member

I've had book smart women, that couldn't deal with an emotional thought to save their life. Then I met slutty...a streetwise woman , whose insightful nature caused my to call her " my goddess of wisdom and love" When we met. Lol... No shit, true story,.... So I guess it is all about the woman.... Not if she's smarter than me or not ...if your're in love, you're in love....

9. almostthere

Gold Member

Book smarts, my wife has me beat. Street and business smarts i beat her hands down.
    Smarter woman are sexy as hell

10. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Yes, but only under these conditions: smarter cannot use it to be belittling, and less intelligent has to at least be willing/interested in trying to learn or not feel like I'm trying to belittle. I both love learning, and love teaching people what I know. I just want someone of a similar nature.

Nope. Absolutely.

The only way someone less smart than I would be an issue is if they were incredibly dim and were not interesting in learning or anything. Even if they were the sweetest person in the world, I would get frustrated eventually.

11. dougsan

dougsan New Member

I mentioned this in a thread just yesterday. When I was much younger a woman worked for me who was a doctoral cadidate in Electrical Engineering at MIT. Her intelligence floored and scared me. She was so far ahead of me! I lost an opportunity that was never repeated. Her intelligence wouldn't bother me now but boy did it floow me back then.

My wife is much better educated than I am and would have had a better career path than me if she wasn't a woman in the workforce at the wrong time. My IQ is above hers but she is much smarter with life -- reading people, understanding good and evil, etc. and much quicker making decisions. I go in to a quandery working out "the absolutely correct course of action." My wife does what has to be done to save the moment.

12. Trond

Gold Member

Whoa! Very generic thread name. I was expecting some sort of game :)

It depends more on character I suppose. However, when my brothers and I go out with our wives, I have noticed that my wife seems to be the smartest of the women. Not to brag or anything. I actually think my brothers might be a little intimidated by smarter women, or maybe it just didn't matter to them. They are nice though, which is more important.

We are smart/stupid in different ways. My wife has a better memory for most things, but particularly names (I am terrible with names). She is completely and utterly clueless when it comes to understanding physical things (trying to explain gears in a car? forget it). She has an easier time mingling, so you might say that she has better social skills than me if it wasn't for one thing: I am often (surprisingly) a better judge of character. She sometimes blames or trusts the wrong people, and she often can't tell if someone is slightly drunk (her mother is extremely trusting, so much so that it's a bit scary).

Would I date someone who is much smarter than me? I'm trying to think of an example, but no matter who I think of I usually think they are smarter in some ways and stupider in others (true for everyone I guess). Even my wife's boss, who got a Harvard degree in record time, is definitely not the brightest bulb in every single way. Maybe if you apply that the other way round it's the case for both my brothers' wives as well.

13. itsfreddo

itsfreddo Member

yer i could & yer i would i dont really care about that in someone just as long as the sex is nice & kinky :phat

14. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Of course, I do not want to be left feeling inferior nor do I want him to feel that way either. So with all due respect, I could and would.

I find a creative and intellectual man very attractive, even if he will out smart me...it keeps me in curiosity and wanting more. Now if I am of the upper hand, well...he better hang on tight for what I may have coming for him :dgrin

I am more of a natural dork and a goof than one with wit and grace. So it would be nice to at least have him laugh with me, and not AT me, enjoy my flaws as in my perks are much more wealthy.

So with that hand in hand...I think would make of an exceptional pair :D

15. htoad

htoad Active Member

One of the reasons I married Bunnie was because she is more intelligent than me. :)

She is very knowledgeable on a much wider range of subjects than I am, has a masters degree (and professors were after her to get her PhD, she just wasn't interested) has taught a variety of subjects at several colleges, is fluent in multiple languages, etc. We never have boring discussions so I'm glad that she is smarter than me.

It does gives me a thrill that she is very proper with "The Kings English" in public, well spoken, and doesn't swear... but in our private conversations and in the bedroom she loves to talk dirty about our sexual fun. :phat

16. GreyGoose

Gold Member

As long as I am not being talked down to or have to explain every little thing that happens I am ok

17. IdoPiddleSome2

Not on a train! Not in the rain! Not in a boat...:lol

But, SERIOUSLY, agree that communication is essential. Else you never know when keeping the home fire burning may burn the house down. If you can communicate successfully with someone who seems compatible in every other way, it doesn't even matter how OTHERS may perceive the IQ-point-difference. I've known a lady or 3 who knew she didn't come off looking or sounding like the sharpest knife in the drawer, and knew how to exploit that in very interesting ways.

What doesn't work for me, at a room-temperature-IQ or a sizzling one, is resistance to communication. That includes compulsive-interrupting, and feigning attention while mentally departing. Better to say this has too many moving-parts or can't focus on it now, IMO. No matter which of us is the brighter light, wasting the other's time pretending to listen or constantly stepping on the other's lines diminishes the one receiving that treatment. Best regards, all.

18. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

Honestly, I'm pretty secure in my intelligence level (despite what some here may or may not think). I actually prefer someone smarter than me.

But to be honest, sometimes it's fun when someone is a little dumb. I can find that enjoyable too, in a different way.

Where relationships are concerned, having no experience, I couldn't say really.

19. sandwich

Gold Member

I'm not sure if I feel exactly this way, but I'm 100% with you on the learning and teaching aspect. I crave learning, and the teaching part is more or less an excitement about passing the info on. It has nothing to do with IQ. And the opportunity to learn from someone else has to be in the equation too. But leave out humor and a certain kind of playfulness, well then I would feel something is lacking in the relationship.

20. MordsithLove

Gold Member

I was just gonna post something along those lines hun, I COMPLETELY agree.

There needs to be a happy medium of level in, intelligence and maturity (when appropriate of course) I am a very, silly, dorky, goof ball when in my comforts, and I will need someone who can also enjoy that with me.