Cops...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bella, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Bella

Gold Member

What is your opinion of them? :shrug I personally don't have any luck with them at all! :ugh
    They are never around this town when you need them & you always see them sitting on the side of the road...at the end of the island (where all the bars are)...waiting to ruin people's good times! :ugh I know that they do help & are here to serve & protect, but do they really? ...and if this is your profession, please do not take offense. I can only talk about the ones where I live...and from what I can tell...THEY SUCK! :mad
    ~Bella

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Well, Give them something good to suck ~Bella.

Hiker:sf

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I have to say , of all the coppers i have come across ( and its been a lot ) that very few have been decent ones.
    I see it the way you do. very very rare to see any cops walking a beat these days, i sometimes see them maybe once every 2 weeks driving around..

If you want to make the streeets safer , they have to get of their donut eating backsides and do some leg work.
    Most criminals dont go to donut resturants. :p
    There has to be some actual good cops around , but very few that i have come across.
    The firemen here are excellent , you see them more than cops, ( in england a fireman only takes care of the fires. in france they take care of fire , and do the job of paramedics.
    Always freindly always got a smile on their faces ( except for emrgencies of course , before some smartie pants jumps on me for not pointing that out hehehe )

On the whole i have much more respect for the fire brigade then cops.

4. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

I've had great luck with the cops in all three states I've lived in until last Fall when my luck ran out. I got ticketed 1 infraction of a possible 3. I guess I had it coming. :eek:

5. burton

burton New Member

i may become a statie.. i'm going to minor in public administration.. my cousin is an undercover cop in LA.. he busts hookers.. literally finds hookers soliciting him sex, takes them to a hotel room or somewhere, and as they take the money or about to do it.. he busts them.. he also does it the other way around where he dresses up and begins soliciting sex and busts people who bargain with it... he also wants to take his daughter into bars and see if guys will buy her drinks.. then take them out.

he's got some good stories... offered to keep his cell phone on in his pocket when he does it so i can hear everything.. haha

6. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

cops here don't bug me much

got pulled over once- i was speeding, no ticket
    pulled over a 2nd time,on halloween a few years ago, cop told me a car matching the discription of mine was doing vandalism in the area...well thats bullshit cuz my car was almost brand new at the time and theres no way anyone would run down mailboxes with it like he said, i'm sure he was just checking for drunk drivers.... but i was dressed as a nurse (old nurse assistant uniform actually from when i used to be one) and he got all apologetic "Oh I'm sorry ma'am were you on your way to work? I'll let you be going" When really I was just headed out to DD for the night(wasnt 21 yet)

More recently cops have really been my friends... not many people will push you out of a snowbank at 2 in the morning when its 20 degrees below and you lost control of your car

7. burton

burton New Member

cops around here are pretty good.. i see someone pulled over a few times per week. I've been pulled over 5 or 6 times..
    first was 50 in a 35 - written warning
    second was tail light - written warning
    third was doing a break stand in a parking lot - verbal warning
    fourth was gunning it from a stop sign and i guess i cut someone off - 911 call so i got out of it
    fifth was running a new stop sign that was always a yeild.. had no idea - verbal warning
    sixth was doing 45 in a 40 - written warning

EDIT: i just remembered a couple others...
    my girlfriend and i were leaving my friends house and i was doing 5 mph down a neighborhood road... and we were playing with the music so i was swerving a bit.. but making sure i wasnt going fast at all cuz i wasnt paying attention.. so i got a verbal warning ..

My girlfriend and i were in the backseat of a parking lot and luckily we didn't have time before the cop came to have sex so he told us to get out of there...

another time we were behind a hospital next to her house b/c her parents were home and some cop came by to check what was going on.. told us to turn the headlights out if we're going to be here for long.. So i can't complain about him.

ugh.. so that about 7... no tickets yet.. i have a parking ticket.. but fuck that.

8. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I dont mind the fact that i have had problems with them from my past, but even without that , most arnt good cops.

As a saying goes who polices the police ( and then who polices them )
    So many croocked cops around, and violent ones to.
    Sometimes i understand they have to use force, but where i have seen that force used, its normaly way over board , and way past what was needed.

If cops would show respect to citizens im sure that respect would be returned far more often.

People dont give you respect you have to earn it.

9. Sexkitten69

Sexkitten69 New Member

I've had my fair share of dodging 'the man'. Out here *as with all of america* the cops are mostly crooked, in my area the polce avoid finding any criminal activity. The only beats they run are where all the teens and collage kids are.

In one instance the bank across from the Police station was robbed and all the police officers had gone to Cuesta collage to take care of a disgruntled student who just wanted to take his final exam and had a breakdown because the professor wouldnt allow it *the kids mother had a medical emergency so he missed the test day.*

The 'brave' men and women of the SLOPD are nothing to what their names imply, they have no right to be trusted with the health and safety of the people.:mad

All they really do is bug the kids who are out past cerfew, arrest the people walking from the bar b/c they're to smashed to drive *What the hell are these ppl supposed to do? if they get a ride home with a sober person the Des driver gets nailed, if they walk its drunk in public, if they drive its DUI:yell **

PHUQ the police department and their protect and serve bullshit! they should get a real phuqing job where they can EARN their money like the rest of us.

.....I don't like the law.....*hisss*

10. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

The cops here know what I do. They stay out of it and stay away from me, and I do the same.

11. heelfetish

Gold Member

Mark this on your calenders, this is the first time I disagree with Bella. :lol

Bella, they're there to stop people from drinking and driving. Maybe you view that as having a good time. If so, I guess I'm glad I'm not sharing the roads with you. Having lost too many friends to drinking & driving I have absolutely zero sympathy for anyone who gets caught.

And why is it the cops suck? For doing their job? Please. Sure, some can have a bad attitude. Some may give you lip, and every one I've ever met has a bit of a superiority complex (and I've met many!!!) . However these are the same guys that will risk their own lives to save yours. That put themselves in harm's way to enforce the laws of your area.

If it's the laws that you have a problem with, blame it on the politicians.

I won't sit here and claim that there is no such thing as a bad cop. They're human, just like you and me, and are susceptible to corruption, greed, and every other human trait.

Sorry if this is worded strongly. I really like you, Bella, and I hope our difference of opinion won't change your opinion of me.

12. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Dont trust most of em

Here in Ireland they are corrupt...

Take bribes from people....as in if you are in the know
    then they let you off with drinking and driving etc

I got pulled over for doing just a few miles over the
    limit....no booze inside of me...driving safely

The smug bastard fined me 80 euro..he could have
    let me off...first offence....

He just wanted the money and the power trip of
    course!

Corrupt for sure!!!

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

The cops where I live are really professional and respectful. They've showed up quickly on the couple of occasions that I've needed them and taken a detailed report. They don't pull people for speeding unless it's just blatant. They also mostly seem to be in excellent physical condition; I think they have to follow a mandatory physical training regimen. I'm glad they are here.

14. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

What on EARTH would they charge a designated driver with?!!?!?

Oh, and I remembered another one. Parking with an ex bf when I was a minor. Out past curfew (city enforced one) they called my parents. NOT GOOD

15. Bella

Gold Member

:ugh
    ~Bella

16. Bella

Gold Member

Thank you for the replies everyone! :)
    ~Bella

17. Bella

Gold Member

Let me explain myself a little further so you understand what I am talking about living in a tourist town...about 15 years ago I worked part time for a very well known liquor store in the area. The man that owns this bar & many more like it along with clubs is a total ASS; yet he owns the majority of the cops, so to speak, in this town! :mad He gets away with putting bumper stickers on people's cars that are parked in his parking lots & the cops just look the other way! I would think that somehow, there would be a way for him to get into trouble for doing this because he pays his people to do this! But does he....NO! :mad Anyway, back to the story....one night while I was working 4 college kids from LA come into the store & while I am making daquiris (had a daquiri bar too) the other 2 are grabbing 1.75L bottles & packing their car for this party that they are having. Well, I don't know what made me so suspicious about them, but I just got an uneasy feeling about them being in there & it was almost closing time & I don't know, it was just a weird feeling...to make a long story even longer...they got away. I called the FWB's finest (ha) to see if they could help & can I tell you that it was I, not them that found the sneaky little bastards that thought they could steal from me! I was the one who went down on the island, found their car & again called FWB's finest! Do you know that they made me walk through the party & pick the 4 out that stole the alcohol! They basically slapped them on the wrist & no charges were filed - not because I didn't want to, but because my boss was an ASS! I risked my life...thought I was invincible then...to save my ass & the bastard never even said thank you to me! This is not the first time I have had these kinds of incidents with the cops.

And heelfetish, I don't condone drinking & driving. I was almost a fatality the day after Christmas my 16th year & some of my friends have died because of this! I am sorry for not being more direct with what I was trying to say. My thoughts kinda ran all together when I wrote this & I was thinking of several things that have happened to me. Sorry you took this the wrong way. :ugh
    ~Bella

18. Bella

Gold Member

Thank you for the replies everyone! :)
    ~Bella

19. heelfetish

Gold Member

Well, I must say I'm glad you explained yourself further. :) Reading that I can see how you'd have a bad opinion of the police. But I beg of you to not judge them all based on the actions of a few. Maybe the cops in your area DO suck. But it's not like that everywhere.

Sure, I get pissed at them too. Just this morning I watched a city cop setting up a sneaky speed trap in an area of highway that IMO has no need for it's sluggish 70 KM/H speed limit. Luckily I saw him early and slowed from 85 KM/H. And yet the cops were nowhere to be seen when a particular public parking lot was a haven for break-ins and severe vandalism (2 cars written off by being beat to shit with a manhole cover!).

But I have to sit back and realize that he's just doing as he is directed. After my car was broken into there was a cop on the scene within 5 minutes, he took detailed reports, an sent part of my dash to the forensic lab to be fingerprinted. They even ran an ad in the local paper asking for info about my particular case. They never did find the guys that did it, or my stuff, but I feel they put up a valiant effort.

I live in a tourist town too, I share some of your frustration, Bella. *hugs*

20. Bella

Gold Member

Thanks heelfetish! :)
    What do you hate most about living in a tourist town? For me, it's the traffic! Grrrr! :mad
    Have a great day! :)
    ~Bella