Contraception question

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Gspyder, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Gspyder

Gold Member

Hi all!

Have any of you relied only on birth control pills for a long period of time? Me and all of my unmarried friends I've asked usually pull out in addition.

I've read the statistics out there of course, but I want some more personal feedback I guess. Thanks in advance!

#1 Gspyder, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

99%+ effective if taken correctly. Same time everyday, not taking antibiotics or other meds that might interact.

3. MariaMaria

Gold Member

I relied on birth control for years, but you have to be good about taking them correctly, like H4H said.
    I had to change types a couple of times 'cause I started having undesirable side effects and then eventually stopped, but they worked.

4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Maybe it's because I'm a product of the post-HIV/AIDS outbreak society of the 90's, but I'm a firm believer in use of condoms as well as birth control pills when it comes to Protection. After all, The Pill only protects from pregnancy; not all those other (potential) things.

5. Gspyder

Gold Member

I'm in a long term exclusive relationship so I'm not concerned about that. I get what you mean though, scary stuff.

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Relied on it for years, never had any issues.

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

My husband and I have relied in bc pills as the sole type of contraception for about 3 years now. No issues at all.

Cappy_Dick likes this.
  8. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

One thing I Was Made privy to recently, from of all places, Teen Mom, was that birth control pills can have their effectiveness compromised if the user happens to have diarrhea at the time.
    Gross definitely, but I also think important information to have.

Barent likes this.
  9. Amature

Gold Member

My first wife and I used b.c. pills, condoms, foam, and spermicidal sponges at various times. The were all effective. Then she started having complications with her periods and her doctor prescribed something called Dupo shots. It stopped her periods completely. And brought our sex life to practically non existence. She developed a blood clot in her lung and almost died from it. A few years later she had a massive heart attack and did die. Of course the doctor denied a connection, and I'll never know, but I tell her story when I can.

Chubbyslut25 likes this.
  10. Unomike2

Gold Member

The pill is only effective if taken as directed and on time. Sperm can survive inside the womb for up 5 to 9 days after ejaculation. So having sex on Saturday and forgetting to take the pill the following Thursday still can result in pregnancy from the previous Saturday's fun.

Other prevention methods have a degree of protection if done properly. Condoms are known for breakages and leaking. Adding spermicide with condom use increases the protection level. Its messy yes' but not as messy as a unintended pregnancy if the woman is single, underage, or in a situation whereas a pregnancy is undesired.

Condoms by themselves are only effective if they hold up. The guy using a condom should practice the withdrawal method to ensure no sperm is accidentally ejaculated in the woman. Condoms breakage and leaks developed during intercourse is usually undetected until it is too late.