Contraception for older partners

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Thorn, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorn

Gold Member

I am actually "ynosoiav's" wife. I hope I am not breaking any rules by making a thread. I want to get some sort of birth control pill, patch, shot (?) but I am not sure if it is safe for me (I am 50). I am peri-menopausal (meaning I have a period about once every 3- 4 months or longer), but I SURE don't want to get pregnant. My husband and I would like the experience of him cumming inside me, rather than always having to pull out. And even that can be risky. Is there anyone out there that takes birth control (at 56, condoms take the sensation away from my husband too much)

Also, I read in another thread that one can actually get pregnant if husband cums inside during anal sex. We use this form of sex, and I thought we would be safe.

Thanks.

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

No, not breaking any rules by sharing an account, I don't have any problem with it.

Just be sure to say who's who when you post, so we don't get confused. :)

3. kbate

kbate New Member

Nobody gets pregnant from anal sex. If you do, you should see your surgeon immediately to repair the major tear in your colon and uterus.

You could get pregnant if you allow semen to run from your anus to the vagina. Unlikely but possible.

I would go straight to my gyn and ask about birth control. I would not make the judgement myself, although I do know many women on the pill at your age.

Other options -

Vasectomy for him - remove the sperm remove the pregnancy.
    Oophorectomy for you - remove ovaries, one cycle and no worries.
    IUD - diaphram is pretty effective.
    Laproscopic Hysterectomy - immediate menopause no pregnancy.

4. MaggieM

MaggieM New Member

Depends where the sperm goes.If he comes outside then she can get pregnant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.