condoms a turn off?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by blue_eyes_phil, Jul 17, 2007.

1. blue_eyes_phil

blue_eyes_phil New Member

Am I alone in being totally turned off by the prospect of using a condom?

I've come out of a 3 yr LTR (long term relationship) where I never used condoms, and recently started getting down with a new girl, was about to have sex when she said "no not without a condom", I was instantly turned off, but still put one on... but I lost my erection and killed the mood. I've had sex with her since using a condom but i hardly enjoyed it, and couldn't even come with it on, i had to take it off and finish off manually.

Is there anyone else who's had this, or has any advice of what I can do? I realise for health reasons I should use condoms in non LTR's, but I just don't know how to get turned on by shagging a plastic bag.

advice please

2. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

She's obviously attracted to you and wants to have sex but she wants to be mature and responsible about it.... that sounds pretty hot to me.

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I dislike condoms plenty ....

But if i was in a new relationship or an older relationship and my lover wished me to use a condom, I would do so, to me it is her safty over my pleasure every time... :)

4. rockstarbass1

rockstarbass1 New Member

Yea, I can't stand them either. But iv been with the same girl for over 2 yeas so I don't use them that often

5. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

You need to find the right condom.

I became somewhat of a condom expert when I started getting paranoid when my girl's period was late.

The first condoms I used where tight and I couldn't even feel where I was inside of her..a few times I slipped out and almost broke my dick in doggystyle when I hit her asscheek. So I really hated them at first.

I did research and realized there wasn't just small, medium, large.

I discovered that I was too big for 52mm which is the standard size, but when I got the Trojan Large, which where 59 mm, they where too big for me unless I was rock hard, and every guy knows that isn't possible all of the time.

So I had to wait until I was really hard to put the Trojan Large condoms on. It was a pain in the ass.

I also had the problem of having a pretty large head which was bigger than my shaft... so if the condom was all one width.. it would really hurt my head.

So basically I was stuck in the middle. Then I kept doing research and found the Lifestyle Ultra Sensitive condoms. They where bigger than standard condoms, and use this patented stretchable rubber. The condom was a 54mm in the shaft and 64mm in the head. It seemed too good to be true. The best part was they where made of very thin material, so you could really feel your partner.

So me and my girl picked up a box at the drugstore and went home to try them out. I got hard and slipped one on.. and it wasn't too tight or too loose, and the condom was even a little loose on my head.

I slipped inside my girl and wanted to cum almost right away, it felt so damn good. I was swearing and saying all kinds of shit I never did before during sex. I held off as long as I could, before I had a great orgasm. I kept checking to see if the condom was on... I couldnt even feel it. In fact, I still do that to this day because sometimes I can't tell if it is even on at all.

This is the only condom I will use... I ran out the other day and had to use some other condoms and it didn't feel good at all. I went out that night and got more of the Lifestyle condoms and she felt amazing again.

It is all about finding the right condom for you. Figure out what size you need.. and try to use a thinner condom.

6. TXGUY

TXGUY Member

Well I dont really care for them. They seem to take away the natural feeling. Just my opinion....

7. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I don't think any guy wants to use a condom...

8. igor

Gold Member

I never had a problem using a condom - even years ago when they were pretty ordinary & crude. If anything, they helped me last a little longer.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I guess you're just going to have to learn to deal with it. Condoms are a necessary evil, just like the pill and other forms of invasive and/or hormonal birth control methods (along with their many side effects, i.e.: weight gain) are for women.

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

Ya know what a REAL turn off is? A screaming baby & VD. Wrap that rascal.