Condom Talk.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Jayce, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayce

Gold Member

I'm trying to find a condom that I like more. Up until this point we have used trojan her pleasure spermicidal condoms, and that was it for contraceptive.

If I could design a condom, I would do it this way. I would like a spermicidal lubricated condom, I would like it to be a solid color, and I would also like them to be extra strength (thicker).

Extra Strength - Thicker, so that way it would be less suseptible to breakage. Granted, less feeling, but that just means I'll last longer yet for her. :brow

Solid Color - If I pull out to check the condom, it will be SO much easier and more obvious to find tears on the condom if it were a dark red or dark black as opposed to transparent. If it's say a dark blue, I'd easily notice the skin of my little man peering through if it had a tear in it. If it were transparent, that'd be more difficult.

Spermicidal Lubricant - Eh, I guess it's not that important if I'd have her using the contraceptive film, too. However this would be nice.

So far all I found is Durex and Lifestyles offering the extra strength style of condom, and I believe Durex's version was transparent. :(

Does anybody here have any suggestions, comments, input, ideas, etc? Also, I'd be interested in some web sites you folks may suggest for ordering these items on. :)

Lastly - Is there such thing as spermicidal lubricant in a bottle? I've never seen it, but I figured I'd ask.

2. pussycat69

Gold Member

I don't know.I haven't used one in a long time,and when I did,it was ultra sensitive or sheer.I never liked those bulky things.It was hard to get me going with one of those.
    But I can see why you'd want thicker,if you're worried.But I think they're all still of the same quality,regarless of the kind.They are tested.

As for your spermicide lube in a bottle...I don't know if that exists.Then again,I've never used spermicide or lube for that matter.I'm sure somebody's got to have it though.

Good luck.

3. pussycat69

Gold Member

Yes,the lube does in fact exist.i guess I learn something new every day.

4. Jayce

Gold Member

I wonder if it's even worth it. Maybe I'll just sit tight and wait until she's on the pill, then stick to the good ole hand jobs until that point.

She's been talking about getting on the pill all summer, but wasn't sure for a while. Now she's pretty certain she wants to get on it, but what sucks is she's having light surgery done soon and she's afraid that the medication will interrupt it, so she's just not going to bother with birth control until after.

Few questions - Say you start taking the pill TODAY, when will it be at it's most effective (and steady) point? Two weeks? Four weeks?

Also - It's antibiodics that interrupt the pill's effectiveness, right? Would that include vikatin? (Spelling?) I'm pretty sure that's all she's taking... But isn't that a pain killer?

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

There are lots of websites with information regarding the effect of medications on BCP, but I'm pretty sure pain killers such as Vicadin have no effect on the efficacy of birth control pills. However, some antibiotics, such as penicillin, do reduce the efficacy of the pill. I was on some pretty heavy antibiotics a while back and I was worried a little about it, but luckily the antibiotics and the pill both worked just fine. They say that if you want to be extra careful then use condoms during and at least a week after taking the antibiotics, but if you're g/f is only taking Vicadin then you should't have to worry.

As for how long it takes for the pill to be effective, I've always been told it takes about a week. Check with the doctor, though.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

When she gets her prescription, all those questions should be answered. I suggest she write down all her concerns and questions, as sometimes our minds go blank when we are in the doctor's presence.
    I haven't touched BCP for quite some time now, but all my children have told me they had to wait 1 month ( a full menstual cycle) before having unprotected sex. but again, you doctor would be the best resource for these and other concerns.

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah. I keep reading different things for different kinds of pills. Seven days for one, 28 on another, another you can start RIGHT away as long as it starts the day after your period is over, etc.

Trying to compare whether a good sturdy condom will suffice or if I should just put my foot down and resort to a little hand action. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.