Condom question

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Bunnyslippers, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunnyslippers

Bunnyslippers New Member

Hello all :)

Wasn't quite sure where to put this question, I was going to post it in the Foreplay & Techniques section but figured I would post it here in the end. I also searched on this, and didn't find anything.

My girlfriend and I have recently started dabbling in anal play. Now she won't let me actually insert my penis, but she has let me use toys and what not. Today I used one of her dildos, and she wanted me to put a condom on it so I did. Now when I pulled it out the condom had broken. She's all panicky now. Does anyone know what will happen if pieces of the condom are still inside her anus? I assume she will eventually just kinda crap them out, I mean nothing bad will happen correct? Or should I have her go to a doctor Monday?

I googled this but all I keep getting is how good condoms are and to use lots of lube so they don't break :ugh (guess I shoulda put more lube on)

2. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Some lubes actually eat condoms. I don't see why any pieces wouldn't just pass out. Somebody with more experience will have to give you a more definitive answer.

3. Bunnyslippers

Bunnyslippers New Member

Well I was using a Lifestyles condom (first time I've actually used them, not to thrilled to be honest) and Astroglide which is water based and ok for latex condoms.

But thanks for the answer, I'm pretty sure she'd just pass them out also. But she's quite upset over this. Probably because the condom broke to begin with.

4. Eros

Eros New Member

The rectum (anus is just the muscle opening at the end of the rectum) is only a reservoir for stool (your BM) it hold everything in until it is convenient to defecate. Condoms are made out of latex which is an inert substance. I use latex related polymer implants(obviously not condoms - point is that latex is biologically very safe for any mammal not allergic to it) for many different surgical procedures (on dogs and cats - vet here). Those implants - some are temporary and some are permanent - usually no problems. Dogs eat condoms all the time and poop them out without any signs of illness. (parts of, or whole condoms - never gets stuck in the dog - rectum, anus, etc....).
    Rememeber too if she is worried about disease, condoms don't carry disease by themselves - they just protect them from disease. A broken condom is of great concern if it was on a partner that you are unsure of. But the partner in this case, a dildo, was likely disease free. =0) While not a human medical doctor, I can't imagine that a piece of a condom while likely do anything at all.

#4 Eros, Jun 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  5. Bunnyslippers

Bunnyslippers New Member

Thanks for the post Eros. I think after 2 days and she hasn't turned into a zombie or diseased rubbermaid, she is much calmer now :lol

On a side note, couldn't a dog or cat that ate a condom have it like, get stuck inside the intestines somewhere or cause a blockage like that? :(

6. Eros

Eros New Member

Foreign body obstruction is a common problem I see in my job however I have never and don't believe i will ever see a condom obstruction. Latex is inert - meaning unless you are highly allergic, your body tends to not react to it, it is small and usually bunched up and it is smooth (thank goodness) so it easily passes. On a side note - tampons are often the opposite - they absorb liquid and often swell with intestinal juices and become stuck in the intestine - have surgically removed a couple of those. Cheers.

7. Bunnyslippers

Bunnyslippers New Member

So you've actually seen people with condoms up in their rectum/anus? Or just intestine type stuff from swollowing condoms?

And that tampon factiod made my girlfriend shiver....

8. Eros

Eros New Member

Thankfully never seen people with the problems - talk about my dog and cat patients like people. Just see and hear about dogs eating condoms - in a medical capacity only (again thank goodness that it is only in this capacity.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.