condom phobia

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by mousse, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mousse

mousse New Member

Does anyone get really turned off wearing a condom? It's really embarassing because sometimes i'll pull out and the condom will be all shriveled over me because i'm not as hard as when I first put it on. Oh, and can a woman tell wether you're wearing one or not? Or is the sensation relatively the same?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

To me, the sensation is totally different. Bareback is a lot more...fleshy..I mean, I can feel him, instead of the plastic-y sensation one gets with condoms. Not that it's a bad feeling with a condom- it isn't. It's just a different feeling. I think that you should get used to wearing them, though...It's quite unsafe not to do so...Unless you want an STD or a child. I think most people are probably wary of wearing them for the first little while that they use them.

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I don't like them, But they are necessary.

Its like washing your feet with your socks on.:sf

4. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

I like them because I can last alot longer. I dont feel any difference between the ribbed or whatever but I do like the ultra thin ones because I can still feel the warmth.

5. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

I don't like using condoms as much only because with a condom I don't get the same sensation of him coming inside me, and actually feeling his nice, warm cum flowing from him into me.

However, in many cases it is a necessity, and in those cases it's well worth enjoying other aspects of sex and sparing yourself the worry of taking risks that need not be taken.

Sure, I can tell when he's wearing a condom, but the difference during intercourse is subtle and certainly not ruinous to the experience!

And good grief, if he's wearing one, its for good reason and I'm smart enough to accept that. :)
    If I were your partner, I'd be thankful you were being responsible.

6. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Yowzer. Nice one Naughty. I like that

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Mousse,
    Tell me you weren't going to try to not wear one in the hope your partner wouldn't notice. I like the washing your feet analogy, in Australia we say it is like showering with a raincoat on. Like the others, unless you and your partner are monogamous and std-free and using another form of birth control, then they are necessary. Perhaps even life-saving.

I have heard that polyurethane condoms feel better, particularly by transmitting natural warmth. Perhaps you can try these and see if it is better for you.

By the way, going soft immediately after orgasm is normal, even when the sex is natural. Hold the condom when you withdraw to stop it from falling off and defeating the purpose for which it is there.

8. mousse

mousse New Member

Haha! I definately wouldn't do that.. that's too ridiculous!!

But no, it's just that she told me the first time we used one that she couldn't tell the difference. She said it's kind of like the inside of her cheek and it's hard to tell the difference between textures. Which I translated to: I don't have enough girth.

But today we actually tried it again and she said there was a difference this time. For awhile it was good but with a condom on the sensation gets neaturalized so much that after awhile my body gets bored and I can't hold an erection. It sucks.. i'm either not very sensitive down there or I just don't have enough girth to get that friction.

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

Girth is a strange thing, but women relax around you no matter how big you are, so the feeling of a vagina always end up subtle rather than strong. This is what you are feeling, as she gets aroused, her vagina relaxes and allows you easy motion so you don't hurt each other. I am thicker than you, so when I first penetrate it is really tight, and then it relaxes on me too.

Men probably grip themselves too hard when masturbating, and a vagina is very different. Add the numbing sensation of a condom, and you may end up with a problem compared to what you have been used to in the past.

The trick is to get used to subtle rather than strong, and maybe concentrate on positions where she is tighter on you. For me, my partner on top is always tighter, and doggy style is the tightest of all.

The other thing that will help for sure is to concentrate less on the mechanical aspects of intercourse, and more on the attachment of SEX. It is you and her together, your bodies joined, two people becoming one, one of the most intimate things you can possibly do. Think about the two of you in this light, and maybe the sheer awesome brilliance of what men and women share each and every single time they have sex together will make a difference. I hope so.

By the way, I love every part of sex, in case you hadn't worked it out.

10. mousse

mousse New Member

I definately believe you have a point here. I noticed that the one time I did come was when I began to focus my thoughts on the actual act. I couldn't help but look down and think; "wow, i'm inside of her". The lights were on too so the visual stimulus of seeing what was going on really helped. For the first time it registered that - I was having sex. Normally, or at least so far, it seems I can go on for about an hour and half before getting tired without anything happening. But that time I couldn't hold back and it only took about 5 minutes.

I guess sex is alot of psychology.

Oh, I enjoy all the different aspects of sex too, as long as she's enjoying it too. =)

Again, thanks for all the feedback CBR.

11. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Mousse,

Most guys have the condom slip off, no matter how big you are.

Guys who know what they are doing, use condoms that are a good match for their size.

So naturally, when they go soft it is going to slip off a little, plus if you shoot alot of cum it will weigh down the condom.

I've had problems with regular condoms being too tight... and in the past, by the time I cum and pull out, even the tight ones are loose.

I've had one or two come off in my g/f when I first started using them, because I would lay there inside her. Get really soft and not think about it. Then when I pulled out the condom stayed in her.

You live and learn. Now I try to pull out within a few seconds of cumming. That way it is still tight. BUT>>> Always grip the base of the condom before you pull out, and you will be fine.

As for sensation, unless you are really small, which I doubt, sex feels the same for most guys. As someone above mentioned, the vagina is pretty elastic.

I use extra thin condoms, and sometimes I have to reach down and make sure they are still on because it feels so good.

My g/f says she doesn't notice I have a condom on anymore. Unless I go bareback, then she says she can really notice the difference. But we use condoms 99% of the time now, along with her b/c pills. So she is used to them.

Bareback is by far the best feeling, but thin condoms feel almost as good.

12. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I LOVE both doggy and cowgirl and how it feels...

But I find missionary to be one of my absl. favorites. Alot of guys I know don't really like it.

But I love the feeling. I know it may be because my head is bigger than most guys, as that is where I feel most of the sensation in that position.

I just wonder why I am the only guy I know who seems to like missionary.

Any other guys here love it as much as me or do you find the sensation is dulled a little like my friends?

13. Dreama

Gold Member

My fiance swears that he loves missionary.

14. jódame

jódame New Member

Honestly, I hate condoms. I'm all about monogamy and a little bit of danger, too, so...it's not the best idea, but I figure I'll deal with any consequences that I bring upon myself. For real, though, I think it feels completely different.

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

I don't like missionary that much, but my wife does, so we do it fairly regularly. It is a looser position, but her arousal if I hit her clit just so every stroke more than makes up for it. More on my 'being in the moment' philosophy.

I should have posted it above, but our brains are our most important sex organ. Men typically progress from fucking to something better. For me, it eventually moved from 'I'm actually inside her' to a far deeper emotional and spiritual connection, and I think this happens to many men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.