condom fitting question/concern

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by bdd200424, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bdd200424

bdd200424 New Member

hey everybody, i've got a straightforward question.

Throughout my sexual life I've always used a condom. Safe sex is not negotiable with me. Either I wear a rubber or walk away. I've generally used lifestyle's ultra lubbed condoms. In my experience they don't tear/break. They were also my first condom purchase ever so there's a comfort level too. I've also used other condoms by my partner's request (her pleasure and assorted durex to name a few). I know they're suppose to be tight, but my partner recently told me it looked like my cock was suffocating. She suggested trying a larger sized condom which we used the next time. I bought a pack of trojan magnums. They fit great (not baggy) but obviously feels looser. Here's the problem. When I use magnums there's much more sensation than I've ever experienced and I cum much earlier. I was shocked more than embarassed. Has anybody else been in this situation, and how do you resolve this? I like having control over cumming and don't want to lose it. I've thought about using numbing cream until I get use to the magnums, but it doesn't completely appeal to me. Can anybody recommend a condom for my situation. All comments welcomed.

Alex :dgrin

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Condoms shouldn't be loose, accidents can happen if it fits improperly. It could come off inside her during intercourse, or semen could leak out before you're able to withdraw. Don't go by what your gf says, go by feel. If it doesn't feel like it's cutting off your circulation, if you can get it on comfortably, it's fine for it to be snug. Snug is far better than loose.

There are condoms that provide more sensation than others if that's what you're interested in (I've heard lots of good things about Durex Extra Sensitive), but, unfortunately, more sensation is going to mean faster orgasms! And especially for you youngins. You could apply a small amount of numbing cream before putting on the condom...wanking off earlier in the day will make you last longer, too.

3. bdd200424

bdd200424 New Member

Thanks for the advice. You mentioned that being snug is better than loose which I completely agree with. How snug is too snug though? When I roll one on, I do feel resistance. It seems more difficult than what it should be. During sex I can feel it dig into my skin. My partner says it looks "shrink wrapped," but I agree with you; go by feel and not her opinion. I talked to my friends about this subject, however none have experienced this problem (very frustrating). They say you should be able to feel it but it shouldn't consume your thoughts. I haven't had any problems with magnums slipping off, just the extra sensatition as aforementioned. Are there any condoms like magnums which provide less sensation? Has anybody had success with numbing agents, and if so, which ones? I appreciate the advice Bluesy, if there's anymore experience/knowledge you can share I'm more than willing to listen.

Alex