Concoctions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

OK I'm a typical guy I guess. I've been on my own for a few days while my wife is out of town helping my daughter with her new born baby. I'm too lazy to go to the grocery store so the fridge is getting pretty bare. Tonight for supper I took out some leftover meatless spaghetti sauce, sliced up a couple of Ball Park franks, added some HOT sauce, some soy sauce, ranch dressing, cheese, and a little milk. Heated it up in a sauce pan and had it for supper. It wasn't bad, I was surprised. Then for dessert I poured a root beer in a glass, stirred in some Hershey's chocolate, added a shot of maple syrup, and a tea spoon of vanilla. Ah yes, I'm living like a king. :uhh:

2. pirouette

Gold Member

You need help. ...You need Rose... Why not make fresh pasta and sauce from scratch? It requires very few ingredients and gives you time to clear your thoughts while kneading the dough....
    The dessert thing sounded ok ;)

3. Thorn

Gold Member

Too much work pirouette. Now I could see me making pasta and sauce from a box and jar. I was temped to order pizza but I'm trying to lose weight and when I have a pizza in front of me I tend to eat the whole damn thing.

I've lost 16 lbs. in a month and a half. ;)

4. pirouette

Gold Member

That's 2 sizes down? Great! I hate boxed/canned/frozen anything. I'd rather go hungry than eat spaghettios! :lol
    It isn't a lot of work. About 20 minutes to make the dough. About 3 minutes to boil. And the sauce I make on the side. Not more than a half hour. But then, I make it a lot and am really familiar with the recipe. I suppose it would take you longer....hmmmmm
    You could order steamed veggies from a Chinese restaurant. A lot of pizza places and delis have started making low carb wraps. :)

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Poor Thorn. That's a sweet thing about your marriage. You always need each other, even for the most minute of things. I mean, without her you wouldn't starve, but you definately wouldn't eat very well...:) I think it's just sweet that you still depend on one another. I really admire your relationship.

6. Thorn

Gold Member

Thanks Dreama. Hey, I still haven't made the trip to the grocery store. Last night I looked in the frig and found a half bottle on Paul Newman's marinara sauce. Then I saw some fresh (sort of fresh anyway) yellow squash. I sliced up the squash put them in a skillet with butter and a little olive oil and water. When the were about half done I through in about 10 slices of pepperoni and poured the marinara sauce and continued cooking them for another 20 minutes or so on low heat. I also added some good old American cheese and of course some HOT sauce. When I served the dish to myself I sprinkled some graded parmesian cheese and partook. It was absolutely delicious!!!! Sometimes I surprise myself. :D I may do this little meal sometimes for Rose and myself again. It was like restaurant style good! :bow <<<< to me.

Anyway Rose will be home tomorrow.........I think I might just survive this temporary bachelor situation thing. :) Although I don't look forward to when I may be in that situation again. :eyes