Concert season!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ninja08hippie, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

What are some of the best concerts you've ever been to? On Friday night I saw The Wall, which would be among the top concerts of all time.

The build a 40 foot tall, 500 foot wall between the audience and band, project amazing imagery on it, while Waters sings / acts in front of it, then tear it all down.

The wall partially constructed before the show (they build it during certain songs)
    [​IMG]

Roger Waters flashing a "nazi" hammer salute (the main character is insane and thinks he's an authoritarian)
    [​IMG]

Shooting the queers, and the jews, and the coons. I like this shot cause the machine gun is pointed straight at me :p BTW, does anyone know what "a coon" is? I assume british slang for some ethnic group?
    [​IMG]

Raising the pillars during Comfortably Numb
    [​IMG]

The most famous part, the hammers.
    [​IMG]

Even thought I didn't have any weed, I probably left Yankee Stadium higher than I went in, there was a draft coming up and going past us, so we got all the smoke from all the people in front of us. :p I was so lucky to get tickets, the entire stadium sold out in 15 minutes.

#1 ninja08hippie, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Awesome show! One of my favs.

Did ya get any pics of the pig on the wing? It was flying so low at the show I went to that I thought it was going to hit us.

I also love to see AC/DC in concert, never a bad show there.

3. curiouskitty

curiouskitty Active Member

i love concerts :) im going to warped tour for the 4th time, and i am going to travel to chicago for the Riot Fest in september. i saw a7x, bfmv, seether, adtr, escape the fate, the devil wears prada, and soo many other great bands <3 concerts are the best!

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

haven't been to any, but I'd love to go to Wacken at least once in my life. Especially if Blind Guardian and a few other bands are there.

5. almostthere

Gold Member

Saw the wall when the album first came out. Great show. Seen floyd a bunch of times.

My fav? Can't nail one down but lady gaga,greenday, paul mcartney all in the top 20:

6. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

[​IMG]

It's meant to come down on the people, it's meant to be torn apart, it's part of the show now, it's black and symbolizes the establishment.

7. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I've never been to a single night concert, but when I was 19 I attended a 3 day rave in Berlin Germany that was head lined by many great DJ's and vocalists. Lots of lasers and light shows, glow sticks, and good German beer. Hell of a fun 3 days.