Complete STD checks

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Bohohippy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Bohohippy

Bohohippy New Member

So, I'm going for my first one tomorrow and I'm so scared, they say it'll take 1 1/2 hours =S

Has anyone been for one, what does it intail and how often to people usually go for these things?

I'm going just coz I want to be sure I'm clean :phat

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

I haven't had that specifically done, but I've had just about every other lab test ever invented, so I'll give an educated guess.

They will probably stick you once in the arm and draw enough blood for one to three vials. They will also probably take a swab that looks like a big Q-Tip and painlessly take a culture from your vagina.

After that, you'll probably wait and read magazines for an hour and fifteen minutes until they come back with your results. It is possible you also may have to wait until another day for them to call you with some final results, because it takes time for cultures to grow enough cells to identify.

P.S. I like your new name better, I never did quite figure out the old one.

3. Bohohippy

Bohohippy New Member

lol it was a high school nickname (animula) it's the name of a gothic doll lol then risen as in risen from the dead i guess lol =] I wanted Beautifulmess but apprantly someone else has it ¬¬ lol thats what i usually have these days.

Well am back, they stick me in the arm for blood, and i had to sit on a chair with my legs on them weird things pregnant women put their legs on and have something shoved up me that opened me up... IT HURT! she said i was tensing, but it hurt not to tense lol! she swapped away and scarped.... and I got a early smear test too (I'm 21, 25 is when u start getting them here)... then i waited 20-30 minutes to be told all clear and that in 2 weeks by text message the results of the HIV test would be given to me.

Ermm thing is i dont know what I am all clear about... i suppose clamidia, coz I remember doing a diy test at home and sending it off and it was just a swab... ermm thrush... i dont know what else is done with swabs... the blood is obv for hiv, heb-b and heb-c.

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I had a chlamydia test during my last gyno exam, which involved the doctor inserting a tool that resembled a clean mascara wand and scraping my cervix. They had to get blood and live cells for the test. It wasn't excruciatingly painful but it was rather uncomfortable. I'm in a stable monogamous relationship and have been for the last five years, but I figured I should get the test because my ex wasn't exactly the faithful and true type, and it's possible to carry the chlamydia virus and not show any signs of infection for years. Luckily the test turned out negative.

I remember having an HIV test years ago and having to wait ten days for the results. Those were the most difficult ten days of my life, I can tell you.

5. Bohohippy

Bohohippy New Member

I get my results in ermm 2 Fridays... I'm pretty positive I'm clean of everything but you can never be sure if you've taken the chance.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

Excuse me for interrupting, but what is ermm? I'm not familiar with that one.

7. Bohohippy

Bohohippy New Member

It's a filler =] like umm, and err, and ermm hahaha

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

And let's not forget to mention the ever popular hahaha :eyes