Comment on photos, any way to switch off?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lbushwalker, Apr 27, 2015.

1. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I used to like these notifications but now well over them when most are these and usually predictable and mundane comments.
    Hardly ever any novel clever worded ones even though I try my best :(
    I made some comment a while back which may have been misinterpreted due to my inconsistency about messages which overnight were 54 but turned out to be the above so sorry people I am not that popular after all :)
    I did get two though and from very notable SF folks whom I both admire and respect.
    So cudos to them and they know who they are!
    Where is the clever intelligent and inspiring discourse gone people?
    Calling on Cappy and others to the rescue :)

CLE32793 likes this.
  2. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

OH no! And on a Monday to boot! I'm gasping out loud!!

Calling all clever folks....

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

This thread is gonna die a short sad life :(

4. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

I'm afraid you may be right on that. :(

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Someone, like anyone?
    We struggling here!

6. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Shall we tag some folks?

7. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Are you talking about album comments, or your replies, in threads, that you would like to delete? For the latter, I don't think that you can edit or delete those, but album comments have these options.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

9. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Ahoy mate!!

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

No dude the the notifications of stupid comments, not posters of which you are prolific and generally high standard!

11. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Thank you but I still don't know if you are talking about album comments directed at your photos, threads, etc. Totally confused. Sorry, but I'm new and unfamiliar with the lingo around here.

CLE32793 likes this.
  12. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Isn't that in the settings? Mine gets blown up as well. It automatically watches and notifies me of comments, I even get an email lol. I don't use the address they go to fortunately since there's thousands of notifications.

13. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Still totally clueless about this.

#13 Barent, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Looks like we all in the same rocking boat :)
    Control over notifications is the issue here so maybe a question for Helpdesk!

15. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I agree Bushy. I have never really been here for the voyeur/exhibitionist side of things. In fact, When I joined here some years ago, it was because this place largely because it thrived on discussion, debate and social interaction. In fact there was only one sub forum for any type of adult pictures or videos and it wasn't used a lot. It wasn't allowed to post any kind of adult images on the discussion/debate/q&a sub forums.

This started going by the wayside when Rob did major changes to the software in 2013 and majorly relaxed the rules we long timers were used to. Many of us tried to encourage the newcomers to follow the traditions here, but were often met with negativity. The old "who are you to tell us what to do", when suggesting conduct that we had become accustomed to. It's a lost cause at this point. Things have changed too much to go back.

With all the new friends here from PH, the selfies and spousies were bound to increase. It's what they seemingly like and do. I have nothing against it, but am not a big fan of people posting their junk and reading the same old comments pretty much every time. Nothing personal against those that are here for that. We're all different.

On the bright side, it seems that all "user made" images are now supposed to be posted in the "Adult Photos and Videos" sub forum. I think this is a good thing and offers a solution to your problem. If you turn off notifications to this sub forum, you won't get the notifications. Another thing you can do, is if you see a new thread that has this sort of content in the other sub forums, use the report button with the comment: "thread should be moved to Adult Photos and Video". Rob will move them over when he gets the chance.

Personally, I just quickly scroll through these responses. I understand this is time consuming with the mundane, but I am trying to get to know the new folks and feel out where things are going here. I have done the same thing with many of the "twitter like" threads. I mean seriously... after 70+ pages, we pretty much know who will and won't do who. If I want to know what the weather is like anywhere in the world, weather dot com can tell me. I had hoped that some of these "so what" threads would get old to folks and die out, but many of them probably won't as some apparently enjoy that kind of posting. Again, to each their own.

xx

10_3XL, Barent and 12barblues like this.
  16. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Thanks For the tip Cappy.
    I changed my message alert selection so that should fix it such that I only get notified of specific items and not ever post made to any thread that I have looked at.
    Cheers mate!

12barblues likes this.
  17. 12barblues

Gold Member

So I'm a little late to the party. Glad you got it dialed in bushy. . And Cap, nice post. I feel the same my friend.. The forum that we love is still here. Same as it ever was.... There are still 5 people logged on , and having forum discussions. Lol... Just like before. Only now, in addition to those 5 members... There are 30 other new members logged on posting photos and hitting those twitter threads as you call them . It's all good. It's never a ghost town any more... Lol. ( look up the old "ghost town" thread .. There were times when I was the only person logged on to SF, period.. Lol).., thankfully those days are gone..... Anyway, I'm rambling again,

lbushwalker likes this.
  18. sandwich

Gold Member

I've been teetering on switching myself off (from this forum). Several times recently I have typed in good ole sexualforums.com, clicked on a few things and just could not get enthused enough to log on. While this does not specifically address your issue, Bushy, it is related....for me this place has become like Walmart (I hate Walmart). I much prefer a little corner store where you know some people, enjoy their company and look forward to finding out what's been going on in their lives. We don't have corner stores where I live, but I am sure you'll understand what I'm getting at. I do tend to shop at the smallest of the grocery stores in my area.

Amature and lbushwalker like this.
  19. 12barblues

Gold Member

Well sammich, we hope you keep on login on..... You've kind of summed it up nicely ... Our small town just erupted into a metropolis....like overnight...but that's ok... Unless quality members give up and go..., so don't go.

Barent and sandwich like this.
  20. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

That's the idea of following people you can log on and look at their activity and what they are talking about without having to go though all the post.
    And you still have your own little corner and ignore the rest of us :)

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.