Coming around again

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Coffee, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Coffee

Coffee Member

For those of us who were fortunate enough, there is nothing quite as intoxicating as "first love" - the infatuation, the pure innocence and wonder that accompany our first romantic experience leave an indelible mark. I was 15 when I fell for my first girlfriend, and to this day there are certain things that will always trigger a fond or not so fond memory - a song on the radio, the aroma of lilac and honeysuckle on an early summer's breeze, seeing a movie that we had watched on a date. I will never forget walking home after our first date. I was caught in a huge, dangerous electrical storm and was quite certain - positive, in fact, that I was going to be hit by lightning, because things had just gone so well - too well.

Until now, I had long since abandoned the hope of experiencing those powerful, all consuming feelings and emotions again. With the passing of time and several relationships, I had all but dismissed them as the product of youth, inexperience and emotional immaturity; I was, quite simply, passed all of that now. Hmmmm. As she would say - WRONGO!

I think - for me at least, the first experience tends to be "romanticized" (pardon the pun), particularly in hindsight. We remember and amplify "the good" and tend to forget the bad parts and moments from the relationship. What I had forgotten was the purity of that first taste of love, which for me, was not subjective - it was the first for both of us. To be able to encounter that sense of purity again has come as a total shock. I see her in everything and everywhere. Echoes of her surround me constantly. There's no escape - not even when I sleep, for she's taken over my dreams. Am I being a bit of a sap? Absolutely. But then, I gave up my man card months ago.

Truly, I feel like I'm sixteen again, walking home in that thunderstorm.

Has anyone else ever been surprised by a renaissance like this?

2. Texas_Red

Gold Member

So far for me each relationship's beginning has been just like that. The giddiness, the butterflies in the stomach, the feeling that everything is right in the world, and nothing can take you down.

I don't expect my next to be any different really, unless I've become that jaded.

3. Trond

Gold Member

Good for you Coffee, and good luck with your new relationship.

My situation is different in most ways. I'm still in my first relationship, and I don't have any such fond memories from my teens. I was a bit weird (still am I suppose), I looked younger than I was (still do) but liked girls who were a bit more mature than most teenagers. All the girls preferred older guys. It was a tragedy :lol

But falling in love can be great. I'm a bit of a romantic :)

4. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Coffee,

Congratulations :). If this feeling grows stronger every day, and never goes away, then you may have found true love that is worth a commitment. If she feels the same way, find out what her dreams are, do whatever you can to make them come true, and the honeymoon will never end.

5. nurseharley

Gold Member

:lol

I can say that I absolutely feel the same way, but I don't share your surprise of it. You make it a little too easy.