Cologne , deodorants and perfumes.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doitagain, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

What do you use? What do you prefer on other people? What can't you stand smelling?

Personally I do not wear cologne often but an old cheap and good go to for me is curve. Woman seem to love it and no I don't mean I'm trying to use it to attract them. Deodorant i sort of always try something else.

But axe....seriously do those dumb ass commercials really work? Only on teens right?

AtkCCC likes this.
  2. 12barblues

Gold Member

I wear anti-perspirant... Other than that I just smell like me. And oddly enough the two women I've been with in the last 30 yrs both have said they love the way I smell... ??????? Which I can't explain...lol

lbushwalker, Doitagain and RubyAsh like this.
  3. RubyAsh

Gold Member

It's all about being very subtle and knowing what works with your own scent.
    I hate people who seem to bathe in perfumes and other strong odour-masking stuff.
    There is nothing more attractive than the plain fresh smell of clean.

Doitagain, AtkCCC and 12barblues like this.
  4. AtkCCC

Gold Member

LOL…If I use Axe and drink Fanta, I’m guaranteed to get laid! ;-)

I just use Old Spice aftershave and Right Guard under the pits. Not sure what Wifey wears but dam, it’s a turn-on.

I don’t really like when you can smell someone from across the room, makes me think they are trying to hide BO. A sensual scent should only be detected/enjoyed when you are in personal space.

Doitagain likes this.
  5. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Oh yes, the smell of clean. Nothing like cuddling in for the night in fresh clean sheets, showered up and a slight chill in the air.

NOTE TO SELF: Wash the sheets and shower when getting home….Turn the A/C to 68! ;-)

RubyAsh and Doitagain like this.
  6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Colognes I have and use most regularly are Stetson Sierra, Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren, or Diavolo Privato from Antonio Banderas. I have a few others I rarely use, mostly because they're more like novelty items (i.e. Star Trek "Red Shirt" cologne). I've never received any complaints or noticed anyone opposing any scent I wear - D says she prefers the smell of my aftershave (Brut) once I've had it on a bit and it's blended with my "natural smell."

On women I can stand plenty, but some perfumes hit my nose and smell chemical-like. Mostly this happens with floral scents - absolutely NO lavender scents for me (reminds me of the cleaners we use at work for mopping shit/gunk). My preference is more of the food-centric scented ones like vanilla, citrus, and such. So I guess not perfumes as much as body sprays/lotions/&c. I dunno - I'm not a perfume expert - I'm sure the ladies could/would correct me on some of this.

Axe... yeah, I know that stuff! It's what you spray around in your car/room/garage after you've smoked a ton of weed and your parents show up, right? Or you "Axe bomb" the loser kid's locker at school so the smell ruins everyone's day and stinks up the place for the next week or two! Also, that really cool trick where you spray it on your arm then have your buddies light it on fire and you run around screaming and acting like you're burning to death but it doesn't actually burn because the alcohol burns but not your skin! (Unless your friends are assholes and somehow prevent you from extinguishing the stuff after a brief moment of zany teenage hijinks.) Pretty sure they make it for chicks now, too - so that's totally hot, bro. Just imagine how sexy a girl covered in Axe must smell! Mmm mmm! My 13 year old olfactory senses are already telling my penis to get erect for this hypothetical dream woman!

7. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren
    No aftershave gel just use lotion. Usually a lotion for men. Will use coco butter lotion in a pinch.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Funny that same here, all the women in my life have also said the same thing.
    Just this morning SO stuck her nose in my armpits inhaled deeply then smiled and proceeded to dry hump me!
    I do use light anti-perspirant for going to work as the climate here can be very hot.
    I love smelling subtle perfumes on woman, fave being Poison and Red Door but only on some.

9. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I didn't wear any deorderant or anything else for over a year and now they all bother me. I might still like coconut body spray and such. I hate cologne and perfume especially when people bathe in it and leave the smell everywhere they go.

10. 12barblues

Gold Member

Lol.. Never had my armpits sniffed...haha.. More like they love the way the sheets and my pillows smell.

11. blue_eyes18

Verified Gold Member

I wear Right Guard for deodorant. I used to wear Cool Water or Red by Armani for cologne when I was younger but I don't really see the need for cologne these days. As long as I keep clean and my pits don't smell, my own natural scent does the trick. I think I read somewhere, that your natural pheromones are what makes you attractive to other people.

12. Ra1nb0wUnderwear

Gold Member

I usually wear Cool Water for women, or cheap body sprays. Depends on where I'm going.

I wear deodorant any time I'm not at home, I'm totally a sweater. I try to wear deodorant and not anti-perspirant, but it's hard to find with feminine scents.