College?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pride, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Anyone know how early you have to apply.

Like is it a month or more in advance or can you just do it like 5 days b4 classes start.

Talking mostly about Community and Tech/Trade schools.

Like whats the deadline? Anyone know?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

It probably depends on the school. If you're thinking about this fall semester.... I dunno. You could try, but perhaps planning ahead would be a good skill to strengthen, in the mean time. :lol

Seriously tho, if you have to wait until winter or spring classes, you can still be doing things to help for when you DO get accepted.

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Usually for community college and trade/tech schools you just call the administration and inform them you'd like to take some classes. They'll probably have you fill out some forms but there's no real application process like they have at four-year universities. It might not be too late if you want to register for fall classes...but I'd call the school(s) you're interested in just in case and ask them.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

If you have all the money you might get in. We just packed my son off to college Saturday, but it took him all summer to get financial aid; loans, grants, etc.

We're finally rid of him!:D

I've mostly been away from :sf lately, partly because of helping him tie up loose ends, get supplies, and such. I would miss him, but he's 22 now and this is his second try. He blew the parent assistance plan 3 years ago, and now he's taking it on himself. Microbiology; that's what he's been interested in since he was little.

This will be a new chapter in my wife's and my life. :dance YAAAAAAAAAZOO!

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, for me, when I applied to go to my college, I applied almost a year in advance, the fall before I was planning on attending, but I am going to a private school....Some schools are more laid back, and some are not. It's best to apply early, especially when it comes to financial aid....The earlier you can do it, the better.

6. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I am in Culinary right now at a community college and we have to pay for classes a week before and register a month to a week before.

7. Maddox

Maddox New Member

I'm not sure but it would be helpful to know. What tech schools were you thinking of going to? I had Full Sail or Georgia Tech in mind...I only know one person who could maybe help rent an apartment nearby campus with me at Full Sail, my friend Julie. But Im not sure. Georgia Tech has Dorms...

Yay this is my 69th post

8. Pride

Pride New Member

Thanks for all the input.

And it was for a friend cuz we were arguing over it. He says that they start classes like the 5th of next month. And trying to tell me that he still is able to register and start....but i kind of disagree thinking a college would like at least a month in adance...

9. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I also went to a community college
    for an associate's degree in applied science. It took me better than a year to get in.
    Some things like physical therapy may take 3-5 years to get in.
    So apply just as soon as you can.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Most start this week. My son's college starts today, 8/22.
    I don't think your friend is going to get in this semester.