Cleaning sex toys?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by busysexy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. busysexy

busysexy New Member

Hello all, I was wondering what the best way to clean your sex toys is? Currently we are useing Dawn antibacterial dish soap before and after use. Is this ok? Or should we be useing something stronger? All of our sex toys are 100% silicone. Also is it safe to share the butt plugs between partners if cleaned properly?

2. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

get some adult toy cleaner formulated for silicone toys.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Dish soap is fine, but it can be harsh on silicon toys. Get a toy cleaner formulated just for it. We just "Climax Clean" in a tropical scent. It works great on all toys and leaves a nice pleasant smell without the weird oily feel. All you have to do is spray it on, leave it for about 15 seconds, then wipe it off.

Also, do not share anal toys between partners unless you are using condoms over them each and every time. It's unsanitary and even when you think you may have cleaned it properly, can still harbor some dangerous bacteria.

4. cristineadams

cristineadams New Member

It is much better to buy a special soap for this toys well you can also buy the sanitation soap on sex stores. It is really important to keep your toys sanitized in order to avoid infection.

5. britneyr

britneyr New Member

i just use a antibacterial hand soap. seems to work well

6. SexyDiva100

SexyDiva100 Member

Well for me....I'm the only one using them. So I just use soap and hot water.......

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

Even if you're the only one using them if you don't clean them properly you can still get an infection. Hands aren't always clean, places you store them aren't always clean, sheets aren't always clean...etc.

Do yourself a favor and invest the $10 in an antimicrobial/bacterial toy cleaning spray. They are well worth it and leave your toys generally smelling really nice.