Circumsision

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Amature, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Amature

Gold Member

My daughter had a baby prematurely (7 months) a while back. The doctor wanted to circumsizec it (the baby) right away. I had been reading here and a few other places about how this wasn't such a good idea anymore and had tried to change their minds, but they went ahead and had it done. When they brought him home they told me since he was so small they might have to do it again. My wife and I babysit him a lot and when changing him it looks to me like he has never been circumsizecit! Which really pisses me off to think he has to go through this a SECOND time! The head is completely covered by the foreskin. I can't understand the rush to have the procedure done, especially if the doctor had misgivings about him being too small. I told my daughter Jewish people didn't have their males done until I thought they were 13. I have a feeling good insurance and $$$$ played a BIG role in this decision. Thoughts anyone? Is the head being covered with foreskin after circumcision normal?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

This a bĂȘte noire subject and intensely polarising.
    I think this was a case of money gorging and silly if not very unprofessional one at that!

Amature likes this.
  3. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Parents who belong to the Jewish religion normally have their sons circumcised as infants, unless for some reason the ritual was not performed when they were babies, in which case they may have it when they are older.

Many doctors, nurses and medical associations do not consider routine circumcision as necessary. In England, when the national heath services stopped paying for routine circumcision, most people stopped having it done to their sons. There has been a decline in circumcision, in recent years, in the United States, but it's still covered by most health insurance and most infant boys have it done.

I don't support circumcision at all, except in the very rare case of a disease such as cancer of the foreskin, or other serious problems.

Gspyder, Sweetlysad and Amature like this.
  4. DayPlay3

Gold Member

This is NOT the place to find medical advice. Get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion from a Medical Doctor.

RaynieJ and Barent like this.
  5. whybother

Gold Member

i sent you a PM with thoughts and advice based on experience with exactly this situation.

As noted above there is controversy surrounding the subject which actually makes it very hard to find reliable information.

Amature likes this.
  6. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Great post! I am very much against routine circumcision. It's in my opinion totally unnessasary cosmetic surgery.

RaynieJ, billytk1977, Nixie and 2 others like this.
  7. Amature

Gold Member

Thank you all for your thoughts, especially you @whybother . I have read your message and will reply to it soon. I understand this forum is not the place for legal or medical advice. But as a sexual forum I was mostly interested in others experiences, if this was normal. Being disabled, I don't get out of the house much and living in a rural community makes it worse. I was really hoping someone with experience raising little boys would reassure me that this was normal and not to worry about it. Since my children were little girls and I never changed a little boys diaper I really didn't know what was a normal circumcision and people might think it a little odd if I walked up and started a conversation about their little one's penis. Again, thank you all for your thoughts.

last_story likes this.
  8. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

A lot of doctors will try to pass to the office though its a health concern, saying that the foreskin will cause problems because it can't be washed out properly. Personally I would not do it I do not agree with it, however everybody has to make their own decisions. There are a lot of resources online about the pros and cons of circumcision just google it and you can see it. There's also a lot from actual medical sites that you can look at.

Amature likes this.