Child Rape, Molestation, etc.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Essene, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Essene

Gold Member

2. Trond

Gold Member

Holy smokes. For a moment I feared the video was going to be much worse than it was, based on the title of this thread.

So sorry to hear what happened to you guys. My wife also had an incident when she was a kid, but luckily the perpetrator got nervous and broke it off.

3. Essene

Gold Member

I wish she would have broken it off (literally). That sucks. Even a situation like that isn't, at all, the best scenario for a child to be in. Thy should be thinking about box cars and dolls (or PS3 games I reckon.)

Yeah. The song is quite tastefully done. I don't even know why a dubstep producer would concentrate on something like that but I'm quite thankful he did.

Thanks.

4. Maverick

Maverick Member

5. Essene

Gold Member

You suggested this to me he other day Maverick. I liked it then, and I like it now. I mean I like the overt message. I could do without anything religious in any nature.

But the Catholic church needs to take ownership of the amount of pedophiles they harbor. Not only that, but the slew of mobsters they've helped/harbored, murders, etc. The Catholic church has been pretty corrupt since the dark ages. I'm not saying that they all are this way or that way, but religious fanatics can easily see a spade and call it Satan as apposed to a spade.

Also, I know that the Catholic church aren't the only groups, religious or not, who have aided and abetted criminals.

Now then, more on topic, I can only guess what type of life Sarah, the lead singer, had in the past to draw her to such a genre of music with such a specific message. Looking at it purely from a non-subjective standpoint, the song does a good job of conveying two points: God's blasphemy to mankind, allowing sin while calling Himself a protector, and the distorted things that occur in assumed safe-havens (ie church, school, etc). One could easily make analogous God :: government || Catholic church :: abusers of power. Of course, I don't believe that. But hey, how often and how many Christians are you going to find who'll look at ANYTHING objectively?

6. Maverick

Maverick Member

I agree with most everything else you say, but this I agree with the most.