Check your lugnuts.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

I got my car inspected at Pep Boys in May. Big mistake, I know, I know, they're all morons in my area... not sure how they are in other areas. But anyway, each wheel has 4 lugnuts. Three were completely loose, and the 4th was crossthreaded. I drive about 80 miles a day on a highway at roughly 70 mph the entire time. I was EXTREMELY lucky I decided to rotate my tires and this issue was found, or else it could of turned out really bad.

I'm guilty though. I check my oil frequently, my clutch fluid level, coolant level, tire pressure, blah blah blah you name it I check it. But I've never really checked my lugnut pressure to make sure they're on there good. So... yeah... check them. Now. No really, right now. Go! I SAID NOW!! :cool

2. rockstarbass1

rockstarbass1 New Member

id try to sue them thats crazy!

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Just fucking dandy. My dad took the car out to pep boys today to get it fixed. Since I couldn't prove I didn't fuck with it, it was 30 bucks for a new bolt. Okay fine. My dad forgot to tell them, hey, change the tires while you're at it. So my dad figured meh I'll do it at home. The exact same bolt is fuckin up AGAIN. It didn't snap, but my dad said it felt weird. So I'm going back out to get it fixed... for free. Do they know they're doing it for free? No. But they will. Or else the building will be in ashes. Rawr! :brow

4. antinora

antinora New Member

far out looks like noone is honest anymore