Cheating question?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by dave5, Jan 19, 2013.

1. dave5

dave5 New Member

Ok so I get the meaning and all but I often wonder where the name came from, here is why I wonder.

1.Two people are happy to be together (that’s the norm ya know)
    2.So as time goes by one of the two stop’s getting the attention that they had in the past and they sit lonely and bored. (happens sometimes)
    3.So the other partner seeks what they are not getting at home with another.

So this is where I wonder how this word became the norm, because if one of the two partners are sitting day by day not getting what they once had and we as humans need that connection, (I will use the word here.) who is really cheating who?

2. tiffers

tiffers Member

Both cheating one another wouldn't you say?

3. dave5

dave5 New Member

Agreed, but its funny how when one of the two makes the move to find enjoyment they are labeled by people that do not have a clue of whats happening inside ones home.

4. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

I think when people use the word they are referring to the lying and sneaking around. The person who is at home is not hiding anything. They aren't even aware their SO has moved on and to most onlookers, they have remained loyal to the initial agreement. Nothing wrong with "finding happiness" but why lie about it? Maybe if they were aware the relationship was over, they could go find happiness too. In that sense, they are being "cheated" out of something.

5. dave5

dave5 New Member

Huumm good point

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Skinnyminnie certainly makes the point.
    If you truly have tried to repair the relationship and failed multiple times then it is time to move on but stress here; you must have tried and really wanted it to work.
    In that case don't be the fool that some of us have been (yours truly included) and wait decades with regret.
    Life is no rehearsal and every wasted day is one you never get back.

7. Anotherday

Gold Member

Could go two fold here.

On one hand you have the partner that has grown "cold" and on the other you have the partner that is frustrated by the cold partner that moves on behind the other ones back.

"Cold relationships can come from a revolving door of frustrations and underlying problems.

Here both partners are at fault. Generally a break down of communication that leads to frustration to both parties.

8. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

The person going outside the committed relationship for sex is the cheater. That's because they're the one breaking the contract.

The apropriate course of action is to dissolve the contract, then it's not cheating.

9. dave5

dave5 New Member

Oh shit really never looked at it that way. See this is why its good to put your questions out there thanks Husband_of_Redhead