Cheating part 2...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by ducktales, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ducktales

ducktales New Member

So the thread on cheating got me thinking. What do you all think about telling other people that their SO's are cheating on them? What rules are there on that? If its a good friend is it alright but if its an acquaintance we should let it go? Should you tell regardless of how well you know the person?

What do all of you think?

Myself I have no clue. I think if it was a good friend I'd definitely tell them, especially if it was a best friend but someone I sort of know then I think I'd feel a little awkward getting in their business.

2. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

I personally wouldn't say a word, unless its a best friend or someone REALLY close too me. I would also have to make damn sure that I'm positive they are cheating. If It was someone that I just new I wouldn't say anything. My sister was cheating on her Husband and I new It but I wasn't going to tell him, thats just wrong.

And then comes the exception to my rule..I will also not tell If I'm involved (meaning the person is cheating with me..God I'm so bad :( )

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, I've never had to tell anyone about a cheating lover, but once, this friend I had was dating a really huge creep. He hit on me, I expressed to him how disgusted I was at his proposition, and told my friend the next day, face to face. I have enough respect for my friend to let her know that her boyfriend actually was a creep.

4. Vanja

Vanja New Member

If it's someone very close to me I'll tell. But other than that I stay out of it. The messenger usually gets shot anyway so what's the point?

5. Pride

Pride New Member

It depends how long/well ive known a person...i might not be great friends with them or anything but my personal belief is that everyone deserves to know if they are being cheated on. As i see it to be one of the lowest things you can do to another. JMHO

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

I would never say as I don't regard unfaithfulness as a big deal. But even if I did, what is a couple's personal life is their personal life, and it's not for others to get involved in. If you got involved (Pride), then most likely you can say goodbye to your friendship. As pointed out above, the messenger usually gets shot.

7. markwjones

markwjones New Member

the messenger dose usually gets shot but in my opinion if your friend is really close than they should belive u and if ther not close friend then stay out of it.