Changes

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by BigDPhilly, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Okay, here is a question more about relationship than sex, although the latter plays a big part of the issue...

What do you do when, 4 years into a romantic relationship, you and your partner realize that they are not who you both thought they were...AND this realization means that you will have to accept much less in your relationship than what you originally signed on for?

2. Steel

Steel Member

I think that’s how life is…. You wake up one day and the euphoria of dating is over, you see your partner for all their faults. The question is, can you accept these faults and learn to love and grow with your partner? Can you learn to say, “I got your back, and you have mine…were a pair”. As long as you don’t loose sight of the things that made you love her in the first place you will be ok. You almost have to learn to love each other for who you are now.

I’m sure some of you who have found your soul mates will argue with me…. I haven’t found mine yet, she’s still out there some where.

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

We all go through a realisation that our ideal partner is human, with faults and all. It is the degree of this 'reality check' that makes the difference. After the infatuation wears off, if what lay underneath is not perfect but still pretty good, then the relationship will most likely survive.

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

No marriage? No kids? Take a close look at your partner and ask yourself, "Do I love this person for who he/she is today?" We'll often "fall in love" with someone, but they change, or we change. We stick with them because of the good memories. If you've got to rely on the past, it's no longer a good relationship, and it's time to make a change -- either by ending it or by rejuvenating it.