Changes to Facebook?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Black_Magic83, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Black_Magic83

Black_Magic83 Member

What do you think about all the changes?

My partner and I have deleted ourselves off it. I was stick of stupid status updates "At home with my boyfriend" "Going to the corner shop" "Drunk" et. Maybe I jsut have dull people on my list of friends! LOL

But now, they are doing a time line and it will now show who you unfriended? I have blocked at least 200 people because at some point they got on my tits!

Before I deleted my page, I was seeing loads of updates from mothers joining groups saying "Join if you love your son or daughter" Shouldn't that be pretty obvious.?! I do not want children, I am childfree by choice but if I posted something saying I loved my freedom, I can do what I want when I want, no doubt I would get reported to the FB police!!

I felt that I have to be careful what I wrote on my own page, it seems like you have to be careful what you say without being made to feel like public enemy number 1!

Do you think FB is a bit out of hand now?

What do you find most annoying about it?

Have you deleted yourself from it too?

#1 Black_Magic83, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I haven't deleted myself and I also don't add people I don't know on facebook.
    To many people use it as a...friend collecting page. I'm happy with just school/work/family on there.
    I have the occasional forum friend too but they know damn well who and how I am and I never think twice about what I'm going to post. If it offends someone, tough shit. lol

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

At first it was a little annoying but once I got used to it I found it much easier to navigate.

Haven't deleted myself from it. It's my life line to my family overseas and extended family I don't see often here in NZ.

I join some funny as groups, like funny pages and I like seeing what everyone on my FL are up too. My friends list consists of many people.. whether from kindergarten, primary school, high school, close family, extended family, people I have gamed with on xbox live and people that are a part of the gaming community I belong to.

If someone adds me and I don't know them or know them but don't want them knowing anything about me, I simply decline.

4. Essene

Gold Member

I don't mind them at all. I barely pay attention to the stories. I actually like the top right area where it shows your friends interaction with other people.
    It makes lurking easier.

5. luvbug

Gold Member

I only have people I actually know on mine. Not too crazy about how they changed it...but guess it will grow on me.

6. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I'm very frustrated with the new format of facebook! It has made it difficult for me as a moderator for several facebook groups to do what I am suppose to be doing! I can't get to my home page, can't navigate very easily at the moment.

I really don't think too much about what I post on my page as in updates and such..if others don't like it they are free to "un-friend" me! I have all of my kids on my facebook, I respect their posts/status updates..I expect the same!

I'm sure that I will get use to it just have not had the opportunity to work with it enough the past few days after the initial shock of the changes..I couldn't even find my groups the first time I logged on.. :( It is getting better just takes some real getting use to. I do have an issue with the privacy issues however that is due to the groups that I moderate. I am hoping that they remain "private" or "secret" as they use to be..if they don't then we will be shutting down too many support groups! That would leave many people without a wonderful support system.

Time will tell :)