chances of pregnancy right before period

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by fuzzyfeett, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzyfeett

fuzzyfeett New Member

Hi I was just wondering of the chances of pregnancy are greater or less then and if so whats the best possible time?

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Women ovulate 14 days before menstruation begins, give or take a couple days. Sperm can survive inside a woman for three days. An egg can only be fertilized within 24 hours of being released from the ovaries.

3. fuzzyfeett

fuzzyfeett New Member

OK??? i need better explanation

I don't understand what ur saying is it higher risk or pregnancy right before pregnancy or lower?

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/conception.htm

Great site as a reference. BUT.... I must ask why you wonder this? Are you considering practicing a different form of protection when she should be "less" fertile? IF you are having sex, there is a chance that the woman will become pregnant. There are things that you can do to lower the chances, but there is ALWAYS a chance if you are having sex. You should not be more or less careful at any time.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

As always, Mel speaks the truth. :)

6. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

lower. 14 days back before her period so just before and just after is lower risk if you are into playing odds. Condoms are much higher odds ;)

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Really? Just before and just after is a lower chance? You wanna bet on that? Every single woman is different, every day of the year. Just about ten years ago, my huband and I kicked my mother out of a shared hotel room the day after my cycle ended. We did this two nights in a row; we were newlyweds, in a hotel room. The baby, she's almost ten. Two years later, days after my cycle ended, we conceived my second daughter. So..... your chances of avoiding pregnancy by betting on the "right after and right before her cycle are safe".....well...... you just come to my house and spend the day with my two. K?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.