Challenger

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodster, Jan 29, 2015.

1. woodster

Verified Gold Member

29 years ago today the Challenger and crew were lost right here in my back yard. What a terrible morning it was never to be forgotten. I am holding in my hand a coin made from metalof the two that didn't come back. It is a significant token given to me by a member of the launch team for the whle program. He is my next door neighbor. Many of those folks really got let down when we ended the Shuttle program.

12barblues likes this.
  2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I remember being in my 5th grade classroom with another class watching. It's was a kids birthday. Still remember his name (not posting).

I don't remember what happened at home, what my parents said or anything like that.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

The challenger happened on the 28th, not the 29th. It was brothers birthday in elementary school. They were celebrating in class and let everyone go out to watch. It was a long time before he got past that event.

4. 12barblues

Gold Member

Wow.. That had to be tough.. I just remember watching the tv , and then, omg... It still plays through in my head like it was yesterday . The 9-11 video is the same way... It was as though it weren't real...

5. woodster

Verified Gold Member

sorry for spreadin bad info on the date. mitty is absolutly right. not to lessen the impact it had on all watching and connected in any way shape or form.