Can't open my eyes?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ChargerBabe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

I have been with my husband for almost 8 years now. I am totally at ease and relaxed with him but for some reason when we are having sex I cannot open my eyes? I feel weird for some reason and I am not sure why. I totally let go in every other aspect as far as trying out new positions, toys, moaning, screaming, etc. I have asked him about it and he said he doesn't mind at all and that I have always done it (I never really realized it until recently.) Just wondering if anyone else is this way too? ???

2. BassDude

BassDude New Member

No prob here...there is something so totally hot about staring into your partner's eyes while you both come!

BassDude

3. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

I don't know, so you do it without realizing? Maybe you concentrate better on the pleasure that way. I close my eyes when i cum because I can't help it. Do you close your eyes when you kiss? That may be the reason tbh. I can open my eyes during kisses and close them same as in sex.

4. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

Yes, I never really realized that I close my eyes. One night I happened to notice. And yes I always close my eyes when I kiss. With my previous boyfriends I always closed my eyes when having sex and I guess it carried over to my husband out of habit. And for some reason I just can't keep them open.

5. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I tend to close my eyes as it allows me to focus more.

6. HornyMum30

HornyMum30 New Member

Thats the reason right there above, i do the same, it feels better when u close your eyes! ;)

7. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I posed this question to a recently divorced friend of mine the other day.....
    His reply....its because most women cant stand the sight of seeing a man having a good time..:ugh

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

Ouuuuch :ugh But to be expected of someone going through such an emotionally difficult transition in life, I think.

9. Butterflykisses

Butterflykisses New Member

I close my eyes aswell I think it allows me to focus more but I do also keep them open for a while to

10. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

LOL That is definitely not the case with me. The happier he is the happier he makes me! Good try though. :lol

11. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Boy, if everyone had that simple perspective (both men and women), the world of relationships would be SOOOO much easier, wouldn't it? ;)

BassDude

12. Cora

Cora New Member

I tend to have my eyes closed a lot too... maybe even most of the time (but not all of it). Actually I feel better knowing it's not just me, cause I don't see it changing a lot. But anyway... one partner told me how much he liked the fact that I do that.

I bet I wouldn't close my eyes if there were mirrors on the ceiling though. That would be an experience.

13. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

Hmmm....I think I may be stopping by home depot on my way home from work today.....

14. cbrmale

Gold Member

Sex with eyes closed is known as a 'sexual trance', and you may gather from the responses here that it is quite common with both women and men (yes, men too). It doesn't mean that you aren't enjoying sex (obviously you are) nor does it mean you don't enjoy the shared sexual pleasure with your partner.

My personal experience from many lovers is that very few women have sex with eyes open. Paring away several women from one culture that is very sexually liberated, only one partner (and what a lovely woman) sticks in my mind as making a eye contact with me.

Learning to have sex with eyes open is quite easy if your partner is doing it too, you just do it despite the initial discomfort (and it will feel uncomfortable, so it's best to know up-front). The discomfort passes, and another sensation takes over, the sensation of connecting emotionally (and perhaps spiritually) to your lover. Going to my past lover, she enjoyed making eye contact when she was on top, which was her favourite position.

15. evman

evman New Member

My wife does the same thing. I would love the eye contact but for some reason she is more comfortable with her eyes closed. For me looking at her and seeing her beuatiful face and sexy body is a big part of the turn on. I love watching her suck me. To each their own I guess.

16. tipmyglass

tipmyglass New Member

my girlfriend usually has her eyes closed during sex too, it doesn't really bother me.

it is nice though when you can look right into the eyes of the person you're with

17. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Same with me, but I also like to look into her eyes too.