Can you ever go back?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Hug_It, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Hug_It

Hug_It New Member

Quick background:

I was in a wonderful relationship for almost seven years, the kind where you never really leave the honeymoon phase. Everything was great. Amazing sex, could talk for hours and hours, similar interests and passions. We really never tired of eachother.

We started to hit a slump which I attribute to conflicting schedules and not having enough time together. Then a couple months into our decline, on her 37th birthday (I'm seven years younger than her if that matters) something changed. Like someone flicked a switch. All of a sudden she decided that she hadn't done anything she wanted to with her life and she was going to quit her job, move to Hawaii and become a massage therapist. All without me :( .

Fast forward a year and a half later. She is in Hawaii and loves it there but has decided that everything she wanted just isn't as nearly fulfilling as what we had together. Said that even though she has done everything she wanted that there is a feeling of something missing in her life, that she is just existing.

So my question. Is it possible to go back? Can all that hurt be repaired and can you go on to have a happy life together again?

2. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

how have you been doing without her? are you fine in your life? living, dating enjoying yourself? if you are, dropping everything to be in hawaii with her seems risky.

if you feel the same, that you are missing something and havent been yourself without her, maybe its worth a visit.

3. Hug_It

Hug_It New Member

Well I wouldn't move to Hawaii, she would have to come back here.

I would say I'm doing fine but I haven't had anything that would closely resemble a serious relationship since we've seperated. I haven't been excited about anyone I've met except for purely sexual reasons. I don't know if that's because I still feel like she's the only one for me or if I'm just jaded and looking for reasons not to be in a relationship though.

Guess that would be a good thing for me to figure out huh?

4. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

It seems unfair for her to go off and live her life and leave you hanging just to call you up at a later time and go "oh sorry, I still want to try" if you love this woman, its probably more than she loves you