Can my girlfriend be pregnant?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by nekzus, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekzus

nekzus New Member

Me and my girlfriend have been together for about 8 months now and sexually active about 2. She lost her virginity last month. But we have always used condoms. And none have ever tore. After we are done we usually double check the condoms by filling them with water after wards. There has never been a quirt or anything out of them. She is a little worried because she is still waiting on her period to come. I think she might be stressing alot, which might delay it also. Is there a chance she could be pregnant?

2. markx

markx New Member

there is always that posiblity with condoms because they are not 100% effective - have her get a pregnancy test for 10$ from the store that is your best option

3. nekzus

nekzus New Member

I dont think I've heard of a birth control test. Can u tell me what that is exactly?

4. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Nekzus,

Read the information on the boxes of the pregnancy tests. Some are effective earlier, some have higher reliability later.

One way that condoms fail is that liquid, with sperm, can come out the bottom of the condom. If there is insertion of the penis far enough, so that the unprotected part of the penis comes into the vagina, and some liquid has gotten past the bottom of the condom, then insemination is theoretically possible.

The lesson is to roll the condom as far down the shaft of the penis as possible, and avoid stroking in all the way. Keep your strokes shallow enough to be sure the unprotected part of the penis does not contact the vagina. Also limit your position, as getting your hips above her vagina, may allow dripping of your fluid, past the elastic ring of the condom, downward into the vagina.

It is true that periods can be delayed for other reasons besides pregnancy.

If your GF is pregnant, most women are short of folic acid, and Vitamin B complexes, which are important for a fully healthy fetus. Alcohol in the first weeks af pregnancy, and later, can retard the attention capacities in the brain of the develping fetus. Cocain has adverse affects on fetal development. Only recently has research shown how important nutrition in the early stages of pregnancy is for mental development.

You don't mention spermicidal jelly. Condoms, as any birth control method can be enhanced with more barriers to pregnacy. Spermicidal jelly can make it easier to avoid stress on the condom, and avoid the condom slipping upwards. IUD's. diaphram, contraceptive foam all add barriers, and increase effetiveness of contraception.

Blessings

5. nekzus

nekzus New Member

My bad on the pregnancy test. I forgot to mention that we also use spermicidal condoms, if that helps any.

6. hurley

hurley New Member

She might be delaying her period because of the stress, my gf was stressed adn her period wad delayed for 2 weeks. But yeah, in safe case, get the test

7. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

curious to know how the test went... i remember after losing my virginity i didn't menstrate for 3 months... talk about PANIC... but the tests (all 5 of them) came out neg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.