Calling all the insomniacs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sensless, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Hornychick

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    If I get 6 I've taken a magnesium and had a few beers. Might not be the best combo but it helps. I just can't do that during the week days. When I do wake up I feel like I've been at the bar till 3am lol only do that combo on the weekends.

Throbber and djanalyst like this.
  2. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

I have always slept like shit. Last to bed, first up. Alarm would go off at 5, I'd be laying there waiting for it. Tried melatonin, turned me into satin. OTC sleep aids are useless.
    The effect of a lifetime of little sleep is early aging. I was able to walk into about any store or bar and get served at 16. It was awesome then, not so much now lol.

sensless likes this.
  3. Lkmccr

Gold Member

I actually slept well last night, and without any crazy dreams. I guess it’s hard to shut off my anxiety even while asleep. Although, having dreams where I’m a vampire hunter can be entertaining

sensless and MrRam65 like this.
  4. BeBop

Gold Member

Diagnosed "severe insomniac" here of the 12 hours or less in a 3-day timespan variety.

It's not that bad anymore, but I still get far less than the medically advised amount of sleep each day.

sensless likes this.
  5. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

That's me. You're not alone.:(

Hornychick likes this.
  6. BeBop

Gold Member

At least it's been awhile since I was so sleep deprived I was having audiovisual hallucinations.

For those who are unaware: Those are a very real and very unnerving thing that can happen if you don't get enough sleep! :eek:

sensless likes this.
  7. sensless

Yes. Sometimes I hear voices and I've also seen monsters. It's very scary, because it's like it's real. Last time I've heard voices, it was so real, I was shaking.

I've also had hallucinations due to anti malarial medicine. Horrible.

8. BeBop

Gold Member

9. sensless

Well, it's almost 4 am here and I'm still awake. I'm going to try to get some sleep. Luckily tomorrow is my Sunday.

Good night, SF!

Hornychick likes this.
  10. Sagittarius84

Gold Member

I've always been a night owl, and spent my late teens/early twenties working night shifts. Periodically, about 2-3x a yr i hit an inexplicable insomnia patch in which I cannot sleep for 24-72hrs straight. Ever since my bio son was born 3yrs ago this upcoming Jan my sleep was disrupted thanks to the every 2 hr feeding schedule he needed as an infant. Now even while being a stay at home Dad, i feel like i have to be the last one asleep usually until 2am and among the 1st to wake up anywhere from 6am-730am.