Broken Engagement

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Hope80, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Hope80

Hope80 New Member

So i think my fiance and I are definately over and done with. I finally saw the light and to be perfectly honest, im glad its over.

Do any of you remember a thread about an alcoholic mother in law that a certain daughter in law didnt want to have anything to do with? That was me.

I decided I wasnt going to find out in a few years wether or not he was going to keep his promise of not moving her in with us should her relationship with her husband go down south because of her drinking.

Another big factor in my decision to abandon ship has much to do with how he has been treating me as of late. I was beginning to feel like nothing more than a cum bucket. If he knew he wasnt going to get any - hed leave my house. I work most weekends and he doesnt - so when it comes time for him to go to the beach and i cant go - he had the nerve to say "well i dont care about you, im going" He'd even refuse to finish a movie with me that he KNEW i loved and wanted him to watch with me when he got the msg that i wasnt going to be intimate. Two nights ago I was at his house and when i refused to be intimate with him, he made me walk myself home. That was the final straw. Ive been letting all his calls ring and now ive turned off my phone to not even give him the satisfaction of making my phone ring. I cant believe how inconsiderate hes become.

I can do so much BETTER.

Im so glad its over :)

Thx guys - Just had to rant :cool

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Good riddance, I say. You deserve a man who likes to spend time with you regardless of whether he's going to get laid. I can't believe he made you walk home by yourself like that. What a fucking asshole!!

Goddamn right you can do better.

Good luck with everything.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

If there's been any personality deception, men (and women) tend to gradually display their TRUE selves over time. Lucky for you, the real personality came out before the wedding bells! Stay committed to your decision, as he will no doubt attempt to weazel his way back to you (tears, begging, putting on that Mr. Sweetness mask again --- for a while...), then the cycle will start all over again.

You need to get right out and socialize with your old friends. If you've lost them (cuz of him), then work at some new friendships. Notice I said 'friendships' not 'relationships'. Just chill for a while, and enjoy life - YOUR life! ;) And congratulations on having guts, girl!! Many women keep thinking they can change the guy. Never works.

:grouphug

4. bucky

bucky New Member

Good for you Hope80. You have made the right choice and now is the time to move on with your life and find someone worthy of you.
    I went back to your the original post and there were just too many red flags. Good for you sweetie.:cheer

#4 bucky, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Congratulations on your disengagement. :phat

6. Dreama

Gold Member

What an asshole! Good riddance to bad rubbish!

7. cook74

Gold Member

I remember the thread, and I kind of expected some turbulence...

But no matter how determined you sounded at the end of this post I still see the "So I think..." at the start, which leads me to believe you aren't so determined.

Am I wrong? Are there still doubts?

8. Hope80

Hope80 New Member

No, its definately over, Cook :toast
    I couldnt be more RELIEVED about my future.
    Hes called but i put my phone on silent to not hear it ring.

9. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I am glad you canned the asshole! You deserve so much better!!!!!

10. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hope...stick to your guns. It sure sounds like you deserve better. I can't imagine ever making anyone walk home (be it wife, girlfriend, friend, or even just acquaintance).

BD

11. Dreama

Gold Member

Doesn't it depend on how far away they live? I'd be a little angry if hubby insisted I couldn't walk from my neighbor's house by myself. Lol If it's anything over a few blocks, I can understand. Now back to the point...

12. Hope80

Hope80 New Member

Its a good 20 min walk home, Dreama. And 20 min because im a speed walker. It also happened to be at 10-10:30 pm.

13. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

It sounds like he's a very immature, selfish, control freak. Good luck to the gal who ends up with him, as she's going to need it. I think you've made a wise decision to drop the guy. In time he *might* change his ways, but he never would with you. He saw you as his property, at best.

14. Dreama

Gold Member

Yep, he was bad news, hun! Any guy that makes you walk home in the dark for more than a few yards is not nice.

15. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

But he is outta there, so now she can find a decent, mature loving fellow who actually deserves a good woman!

16. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I suppose you're right! :D However, if someone wanted me to drive 'em across the street or next door, I would do it just because they asked. ;)

BD

17. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Jeez. [BD rounds up the guys from :sf to go kick his a$$ :dgrin]

Sounds like you made the right decision to me. Making you walk home 20 minutes away at night would definitely qualify as emotionally abusive behavior. I can only imagine what your marriage might have been filled with, had you gone through with it.

BD

18. Dreama

Gold Member

I know you would BD. You're awesome. That's why we love you! :D

19. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Aw, shucks...where's a bashful smiley when ya need it? :p

20. bucky

bucky New Member

I think the gals from :sf would do the job much better,BD. They would show absolutely no mercy.:lol
    Hope80, you are so lucky not to have married that bum. You would probably have been on the forum everyday with all sorts of problems.:eyes Good for you to have seen it and bail.