breaking the ice..

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sexual Trex, Oct 11, 2006.

1. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

long story short, i suck at breaking the ice. and ever since ive been out of school, its been killing me, because i can not for the life of me open up a conversation with a girl i dont know. like if i know them, game on they are mine... but say im walking in the mall or something, and see a girl.. i cant form words into sentences... anyone out there with some encouraging wisdom?

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

"Hi, I'm _____" comes to mind...

3. fantasien

fantasien New Member

Exactly. It's probably the easiest entry into a conversation.

4. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

well yea thats a givin... as for what to say after that... thats where i screw up

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

Ah, I haven't done this for years. You're in the mall and you see someone nice and you say 'Hi, I'm (whoever) and I wondered if you would like to share a drink / ice cream / coffee (whatever the mall has available) with me' From memory, that usually works.

Don't forget that most girls are JUST as nervous as you are, so most girls will just love the opportunity to sit down for a few moments and share a drink / ice cream / coffee (whatever) with a guy who introduces himself to her.

6. pirouette

Gold Member

Practice makes perfect. Perhaps you should "practice" your social skills with women you aren't interested in. It might take some of the anxiety away. Be flirtatious and as charming as possible. With the grocery clerk who is in her 50's or the lady at the jewelry counter who is obviously wearing a wedding band. Just practice until you feel confident. Women pick up quickly on a lack of confidence. And over confidence is just as troublesome. :ugh

7. Brad

Brad New Member

I think cbrmale and pirouette gave good advice.

One of the most prolific of male pullers of women, that I know is a mate whom is not at all good looking.

But he two particular attributes that make him attractive to women.

One is his confidence. And that confidence is combined with his belief that even if his efforts don’t succeed, it doesn’t deflate him one jot. He will try again or move on accepting that his large number of successes comes with a fair few failures.

Second is his persistence. If he really likes a girl, he keeps on and on trying to break the ice. It staggers me how he has persuaded girls to fall for him whom at first don’t see anything at all in him.

Now back to breaking the initial ice.

Just to start with, practice the simplest thing of all. That is just a lovely smile with a genuine “Hello” when you pass a girl you like.

It might sound corny, but once you learn that girls will normally respond in a positive way to that, the conversation will soon start to follow naturally. And your confidence will be well on the way up.

And always be on the look out for funny situations.

Situations that give rise to a shared laugh, as conversation is so easy to develop from that.

Good luck in future!

8. SpanishPrisoner

SpanishPrisoner New Member

Look very upset and angry and walk up to a girl. While saying "Hi, I'd like to invite you to my Neverland Ranch" you spit on her.

That breaks the ice guaranteed!!

9. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

yea... gave it a shot tonight at a party 'hey im heading to the fridge, can i get you a beer?' her: 'sure that would be great actually' ... give her a beer 'im mark by the way, whats your name' her: 'zoey' from then on i just got a fuckin bad vibe from her like she wanted me to die... idk id like to think that im descent looking, im the perfect gentleman, without being too much of a push over... but i suck at getting girls to like me cuz girls my age want guys that are scum bags, not guys that are mature and know what they are doing with their lives .. yea idk i suck

10. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

Maybe you should check out places of interest. Like a hobby or a sports event. I love baseball so if I was single. I would want to meet someone with the same interest as me. I am an addicted baseball fan!!:brow :dgrin :lol

11. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Those girls are not worth your time anyway. There is a HUGE difference between a girl and a woman. You should be looking for the latter.

12. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

Yep so true.:)

13. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

ive been single long enough that id take anything... not that id know where to meet a girl that was worth it everyone around here is like the all the girls around here are shallow as hell, i think thats half of my problem, i cant take any of the girls around here seriously.. either way, ive been single for so long that id take a complete prostitute right now... its kinda friggin annoying when everyone at the fire house thinks im gay cuz they never saw me with a girl in the past 2 years

14. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Ahem .... may I offer some advice?

NEVER SETTLE! EVER!

You'll do nothing but regret it.

15. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

Don't rush into a relationship with someone. You are young and have plenty of time to find someone to be with whom will love you for who are you and not for what you do or how much money you make.

You have to love yourself first (yes guys too need to love themselves) before you go searching for love or that girl. I've had experience in this and I am still getting the experience. I was single for about 3 years (no sex was involved either) but that was my choice.

When you least expect it you will meet a woman. :)

16. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I does kinda happen that way. They pounce on you and you're never the same again! :dgrin

17. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

if i could count the amount of times i hear that last line... but as a girl once told me, im nothing special, im just a normal guy.

and A-1 as sad as it sounds, if i didnt ever settle, then i never would have been in a relationship.

it sucks cuz when im not with (or hoping to be with) a girl, i get extremely depressed, stop working out and all that crap..

hell 3 of my friends saw me trying to talk to girls at the party i just came from, and they even attempted to help me... to no avail. i dont get what im doing wrong im pretty smooth and everything like that, i dont talk about doofy stuff... i cant even get a girl to complete a 5 minute conversation with me

might as well be asking why the sky is blue

18. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Reflection of sunlight off the oceans, but that is neither here nor there.

It depends on how you define Settle and what exactly your expectations are.
    If you plan to be banging a girl with a body like Heidi Klum and a brain like Steven Hawking then you're pretty much fucked. If they are reasonable, then just ride it out man.

19. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

You better watch it! Am I gonna have to bring out my whip again?:lol

20. sexual Trex

sexual Trex New Member

by settling i mean ive gone out wiht girls that were at best a 4 out of 10 with a shitty personality to boot

... not that i think im very great looking, but im definitly not shooting too high