Brain / focus less after sex and masturbation?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by pock, Jul 2, 2012.

1. pock

pock New Member

I am a guy in my mid twenties and have found that when I masturbate or have sex, my brain feels different in the immediate hours afterward. I feel dumber. I have trouble focusing as well.

Conversely, I went a month without masturbating or having sex and I felt improved focus. I felt more disciplined too, in other areas of my life.

Does anyone else know about this? Is this understood?

I am worried that regular masturbation and sex is making me dumber or hurting my brain. I've done some research and sex/orgasm affects your dopamine, and your dopamine receptors affect your motivation, ability to focus and learn. It makes sense that regular intense surges of dopamine (orgasm) would down-regulate your dopamine receptors, which would lessen your motivation about more mundane things in everyday life. I feel like I was smarter when I was in high school, before I ever masturbated.

I don't think I'd give up sex and become an asexual monk or anything, but if this is true perhaps I'd limit myself more.

2. Silkycat

Silkycat New Member

There is no credible evidence to suggest that masturbation is in any way harmful. What it does is lower your blood preasure and reduce the risk of prostate cancer, which is good =3. It does relax you and make your less tense, and could also make you drowsy imediately after. So your not dumber just after, just more relaxed.

3. 12barblues

Gold Member

I find the exact opposite to be true...when I don't " release my sexual tension" , I find myself unable to focus on other things...however if I have sex in the morning , might go the entire work day without thinking about sex..unless of course the sex was exceptionally good. Then I may be thinking about how great it was and how I can't wait to do it again...ummm, you know, just scratch what I said earlier, I can't ever focus on anything other than sex.:D

4. LilBAM

Gold Member

Normally, masturbation tends to make me sleepy for a while, and more relaxed. So I could imagine having a bit of trouble focusing for an hour or two, but after that, it's fine. I don't think it should have such a constant effect on you, but it sounds like if doing it less will improve your life, go for it.

5. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I feel relaxed and pretty good, my mind feels clear, and I feel refreshed. I tend to perk up after 30 minutes or so and find I can concentrate and focus much better.

6. Super

Super New Member

I find it harder to concentrate if I don't have sex.

7. Drakeequation

Drakeequation New Member

I find it easiest to concentrate when I am very sexually active.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Immediately after sex/masturbation I feel woozy and very relaxed but within the hour I can totally focus on whatever task I had been putting off such as doing my tax return claims ;)

9. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I had my first ever migraine, complete with hallucinations immediately after a great orgasm a few weeks ago. It scared the living daylights out of me and I was disoriented for days later. I had a CT scan and nothing out of the ordinary showed up.

You never know when these evil orgasm could do.

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yeah and add to that the odd bite and deep lacerations; it's a real occupational hazard so be aware & be safe!

11. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Its harder after because of the hormones. But if you really wanna test it, do a real experiment. Not just, I feel that way, cuz that's prolly just you telling yourself that. i don't believe it can make you dumber, but I do believe that yull feel -relaxed- for a time. Which is normal.

12. RideNaked2

Gold Member

There is something out there that is called "sub-space" that some can enter into when you practice in the "kink" or BDSM/rougher sex and such. I wish that I could explain it to you better...but I've just experienced it once myself and it's very different for everyone. I will attempt to find more info for you if you'd like.

13. cbrmale

Gold Member

I used to feel tired after an orgasm but since I did Tantric training many years ago I don't have that anymore. It goes together with my more powerful orgasms; after I feel fresh and alert.

I am a writer of fiction as some here will know, and many of my most creative thoughts come in the hour or so after sex. We generally have sex mid-afternoon or early evening because my post-orgasmic freshness and alertness makes it impossible to sleep. So if I combine sex with a walk in the fresh air afterwards, those awkward plot issues resolve themselves as if by magic.

But I do experience a very different style of sex after Tantric, even though we don't do Tantric-type sex more than once per week (the other times it's just routine sex, but still different for me).

14. jimmyduck23

jimmyduck23 Member

I feel like (and sometimes do) falling asleep after masturbating because of how relaxed and good I feel. However after sex, I couldn't fall asleep even I took an entire bottle of sleeping pills. I've been tongue-tied after a great orgasm, but never an impaired thought process. Are you sure you aren't just tired after?

15. 33stack

Gold Member

lol:lol

16. GeorgiaStripper

GeorgiaStripper New Member

Good point.

17. GeorgiaStripper

GeorgiaStripper New Member

Dude this is a great topic.

Read this response carefully and you can get all the focus and energy you want. I have done some research into this as well. There seems to be a general consensus that ejaculation is the danger.

Sex is fantastic and can really be the key to evolutionary brain power. This is because all that sex energy (nerve energy) can actually travel up your spine and light up your brain.

Conclusions

I've done some experimenting with this and have come to these conclusions:

1) Sexual abstinence is dangerous and can destroy your focus/enjoyment of life
    2) Ejaculation can become highly addictive and deplete your vital resources
    3) Lots of sexual stimulation (of all degrees) without ejaculation can be one of the quickest ways to evolve to a whole new level (like going super saiyan if you are familiar with Dragon Ball Z)

Suggestion:

1) Stay as sexually stimulated as possible, without losing your focus
    2) Only ejaculate here and there. This can take massive willpower and will boost your power without a doubt. You will physically feel a difference.
    3) Do ejaculate here and there.
    4) When you don't ejaculate and need to release the energy, immediately do some creative activity (work, hobby, face a fear, physical training, entrepreneurship, do what you've been procrastinating on)
    5) Check out these resources:

Sex Transmutation: Sexual Energy into Genius
    Think and Grow Rich: Chapter 11. The Mystery of Sex Transmutation (The Tenth Step toward Riches) (Think and Grow Rich)

Ending Story

I played around with this because I found myself asking the same exact question we are all discussing here. I cut down the masturbation and every time I had sex I would keep the juice.

As a project, I kept by stuff until I finished this book I was writing. It got really difficult because I wanted to go volcano on every third girl I make eye contact with. Fortunately I kept to it and would use this energy to write.

I noticed that I got into the groove much much quicker and when I really got groovin I couldn't stop fondling my dick. I also noticed then when I finally did bust a nut, that creative energy went on vacation.

I also noticed a huge, massive boost in my feeling of power and self respect. The reason? The biology of keeping the energy in. PLUS the discipline it take to not let er rip, ya know?

As a test exercise for you, just take the amount of time you usually go between ejaculations and extend it by 25 percent. Eg. four days to five days. See how you feel. See if you even have the power for it.

Final Thought

Dude, again this is an awesome topic. I wish you much success, because I'm a young guy too. You may find that this practice (even if only here and there) could shoot you way ahead of your nut busting, brain drained peers and coworkers.

Peace and shoot me a PM to let me know what you find!

The Charmer