Body Wraps?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiBiBaby, Jun 5, 2007.

1. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

A while back my mom mentioned getting a 'body wrap' to jump start her confidence as she tried to lose weight. With a trip to Texas coming up next week I decided to schedule one. The lady over the phone said she'd been doing them 9 years (she's a well respected comsmetologist/asthetician in town) and can usually gauarntee 4-14 inches lost in the first wrap. Its not weight loss but supposedly it helps you lose inches which can be a huge confidence booster

Has anyone here ever had a body wrap? what should I expect during? what were your results?

Thanks

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

It sounds like a painful experience and a sham. :(

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

You'll lose water weight, which will come right back (how quickly, I don't know). Even 4" sounds like an exaggeration, though; I would expect to lose maybe a couple of inches at most. I guess if it's worth it to you...

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

So... Figured I'd update...

no, Ryan, it wasn't painful...in fact it was more relaxing than any massage I've ever had and less expensive for the hour too...

And Bluesy, I actually didn't lose water weight, the aethetician weighed me before and after...and I drank a ton of water the next couple days and my weight didn't waver from normal

It went something like this...

Undressed...got weighed...she measured me in 7 places from ankle to rib cage (I chose not to have my breasts and arms done, arms aren't an issue and I love my boobs) ...then I was smeared in some sort of peppermint clay/goop and wrapped tightly in saran wrap as to not allow my body to sweat (which is what would have caused water loss)...being able to barely walk she helped me totter over to the table and then tipped me onto it to lay down... I was wrapped in warm blankets and left to bake (lol) for 45 minutes...

afterwards I was cut out of the plastic wrap and instructed to vigorously rub as much of my legs and torso as I could. The goop that I was rubbing in/off has a terrific exfoliating effect

in total I lost 4 1/4 inches including 3/4 from my waist and 1/2 from my hips/butt... not drastic but I imagine that over a series of sessions it could work nicely.

Turns out I knew the aesthetician from when I was younger (she has married and changed her name so I didn't realize it) She says that she has had terrific luck on herself since her kids were born and that guys from our nearby Air Force base come in on a regular basis to make sure they quailfy for their measurements.

5. KissKissTell

KissKissTell New Member

That sounds kinda nice. But i've always been afraid that if I did something like that, I would have an itch, or have to pee or something.

6. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

I fell asleep...but I'd drank so much water before hand I was VERY ready to pee when all was said and done