bodily attractiveness?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Everett_Spair, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

So I was just browsing the forum and saw a thread in the pictures and vids category where a woman posted some pictures and asked others to rate them and I just realized that I had no way of doing that. She looked ok and everything but i realized i dont feel attracted to just a female body like that.
    Of course I know I'm really attracted to personalities instead of looks but the woman in the thread was expecting other males to be able to rate her looks.

Is it considered strange to not be attracted to just a body like that? I get the feeling that most if not all men are attracted to looks. Is that true? I'd sure like to know.
    I'd love to see if there are others here who also finds personalities attractive.

2. nyxx

nyxx New Member

well, i'm sure there are things that attract you to a woman. i mean you don't eavesdrop and then say, 'wow, she's got a great personality now i'm interested'. or do you?

there are things about a womens look that'll attract me, but like you her personality has to appeal to me to pursue it futher than that intial attraction.

bottom line, you are not weird or different...

3. Essene

Gold Member

It is considered strange. But whatever, right? Attraction occurs on multiple levels. We're socially programmed to find a female's body as the sole facet of attraction. But that, often, grows quite boring.

Most people find personalities attractive. A smaller portion of those people find personality as the main source of attraction.

There are plenty of females I find attractive. I don't really like "pretty" girls. I like odd looking females. Fortunately for her, my lass is pretty. But she has the other qualities I like. She's some what of a bitch- and I prefer that. Docile females are usually boring.

4. CosmicEye

Gold Member

this is true. I have had times where I see one of those girls that only come across once every few years where I literally have my mouth open starring. Its usually the cuts ass faces that make me die alittle inside. But my friend next to me will be like meh, she's alright.

Everyone has a different taste. Its about time again for that dying alittle bit inside to happen again btw

5. Trond

Gold Member

I think most guys would be able to "rate" a woman's looks somehow, but it's no biggie. Most guys also differ from what a "typical" guy should be like one way or another.

For myself, I have no problem sorting out which women I like looks-wise, but I sometimes find that a pretty woman can ruin the impression by, well, being an ass:p. Suddenly it's as if the beauty has faded. My wife thinks Aishwarya Rai is prettiest woman on earth. To me, she seems to be completely full of herself (I have seen a couple of interviews). Aishwarya Rai that is :lol

6. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Someone wiser than I said once: "we lust with our eyes first, and then love with our hearts."

7. Aussieman21

Aussieman21 New Member

In my experience guys like myself are sexually attracted to a womans looks but after awhile sex just isn't interesting.... Although liking a woman for there personality easily makes sex more intense and exciting...

Basically i think as a male we think prefer looks based on sexual thoughts over personality if that is only there true intention

8. htoad

htoad Active Member

I tend to look at photos of women the same way I look at works of art. I like the female body, I like its curves, I like pretty faces. But just as I don't "lust" after art, a picture alone never did anything for my "lust".

However, interacting with a woman, and seeing her personality... *that* is what is much more likely to turn me on. A personality that I like can easily trump a particular body type.

I remember frustrating Bunnie when we first started dating. She was trying to figure out what my "type" of woman was, and she couldn't figure it out from the woman she knew I liked, because their bodies were not of a single "type". It finally hit her that they all had similar personality and attitudes, and she started realizing (and appreciating) that about me.

9. PhX_AZ_SWM_1972

PhX_AZ_SWM_1972 New Member

To me there is 2 types of attractiveness.

First, there is the "Complete stranger that is hot, but you will either never meet, talk to,ideal fantasy type, you're interested\she's not, or just simply out of your league" attraction. This is the type where you can just appreciate the beauty of a person from afar. You know you will never date this person for one, some, or all of those reasons. This is the type of attraction I get over real fast.

Then there is type of attraction I know I have a shot at possibly being with that person. These must be met:
    1. She expresses a clear and present interest verbally\nonverbally via body language, flirt, or just straight out saying it, in me. (If she doesn't like me, what's the point )
    2. I find something her attractive physically (need not be "classic beauty", just something that catches my eye)
    3. I find her intelligent, and a nice personality
    4. Common mutual interests

The latter is far more powerful for me. I would rather fantasize about a real person that meets most or all of the latter, that may be like a 2 or 3 out of 10 on the "classic" beauty scale, than a picture or video of a 10! Basically the real life person who would rate by the standard scale as a 2 0r 3, can be seen by me as a 10 in my eyes, if the right conditions of the latter attractiveness are met.

#9 PhX_AZ_SWM_1972, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011