Blind dates.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by ccjcool, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

I've never been a fan of them...But my room mates are setting me up on one...i take small comfort in knowing that its a triple date, and my room mates will be comming along with their SO's, but still...

Anyway...feel free to share your blind date conquests/horror stories :) This should be an interesting one...

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I have only been "set up" twice and both times it didn't end well. The first time, a friend of mine was dating a guy and he had a friend that was "the nicest guy on the planet." At the time, I was graduated from college but still living at home and I didn't have a car. In short, I had NO social life and I missed the fun I had in college, so, I agreed to go out on a double date.

My friend had never met the guy in person, but really talked him up like he was a perfect match for me. Well, when she picked me up and we drove to the pub to meet the men, then walked in and saw my date, the first thing she did was turn to me and say, "I am sooo sorry." The guy was about 300 lbs, cross-eyed, and had about 50 lbs of gold chains hanging off his neck. He was wearing a polyester leisure suit. (mind you, this was in the late 80's) It was almost like he was a charicature of every sleazy, slimy, man you've seen on TV.

We went to the table and my friend's boyfriend introduced my date. He stood up and actually LICKED my hand as I offered it! Needless to say, he and I did not hit it off and never saw each other after that.

My second blind date was a set up arranged by my brother and once again with the "nicest guy on the planet". This guy ended up being much better than the first guy, but he had the annoying habit of talking abou this ex-wife to me. We dated twice and that was the end of it.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

I didn't have good experiences with blind dates myself. Then again, not all normally set-up dates are perfect either. It won't hurt to give it a try, you never know what might happen.

4. Vanja

Vanja New Member

I've been on several blind dates. Most of them have been pleasant. But a few weird ones come to mind too though.

One time the guy was soooo nervous that he kept spilling his drinks. Another time the guy was constantly on the phone pretending to be soooo important. Very annoying. Then there was one date where the guy laughed so loudly (it was actually like a hyena) that the whole restaurant turned around every time he did. And it just kept getting worse because I thought his laugh was so funny that I laughed more which in turn made him laugh more too :D

Other than that my blind dates have been fun and interesting most of the time :)

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Never been on any blind dates. They sound yuk!!

6. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I've never been on a blind date and i don't think i would ever do it. I don't think i'd trust family or friends to find someone suitable for me. And i'd hate to have to sit through a date with someone i really didn't like.

7. Vanja

Vanja New Member

Well there's always the "emergency phone call". You can ask a friend to call you a half hour into the date and act like someone's in the emergency room and you really need to leave :D

8. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

except that wont work since my friends will be there, lol!

9. legacyfinder

legacyfinder New Member

I only had one and it actually turned out fun and we both hit off. It's luck of the draw, 50 50 shot. Just go for it you can always recover.

10. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I don't think I've ever had a blind date. I guess I like to choose myself who I associate with! I've certainly had friends introduce me to acquaintances, but they always left it up to me to take it from there (and usually did when I met someone interesting).

On the other..."the little blind" girl fantasy can be quite charming (get out the blindfold :brow)

BassDude

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

I met my wife on a blind date, and the strangest thing happened. I felt this amazing tension, sexual tension (Cowboy Lover may understand where this comes from) that I could have cut with a knife. Two dates later, the evening of the crocheted yellow dress (that happened too) sealed my fate. In any case we got engaged about six weeks later.

So you never know, do you?

12. ctown75

ctown75 New Member

The blind date I went on years ago turned out great and I was at her place from dinner until breakfast and we keep it going for a few months until it finally wore out because we lived in different states.

13. littleguy135

littleguy135 New Member

I've been a couple and they never worked out. Im a really shy guy until i get to know you, and as far as blind dates go, this is not a good thing. I'd rather become their friend first, then go from there.

14. Fungirl

Fungirl New Member

Ive been on a few blind dates and theyve been fun. My freinds have the same tastes in men I do so they always hook me up good.

15. me86

me86 New Member

ive only been on one blind date and it was a complete disaster

16. boringsafetyguy

boringsafetyguy New Member

Sorry, but those two sound amazing. One is chaplin, and the other is a thumb in the eye of all the boring restaurant clientele.

17. cook74

Gold Member

I went on a blind double date once (my friend already knew his date). 10 years later, and many partners later, this blind date is my wife to be.

Although we remained great friends through out those ten years my rampant libido was not going to let me stay in the same spot for too long.

Now that I'm more settled and mature ("coughs" :uhh:) It's strange to me that I have wasted all that time...

18. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

I couldn't resist...
    [​IMG]

19. markwjones

markwjones New Member

iave only had one blined date end her we r 2 years later still going if it wasent for my friend i wouldint have found the lve o my life, so go for it wish u luck :)

cheers mark

20. Dreama

Gold Member

Try not to bring threads back from the dead. This one was a couple of months old. Thanks. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.