Bisexual Husband or Boyfriend..................

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by LuciousLover, Aug 30, 2007.

1. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

Just wondering how many women out there would consider or tolerate a s/o who is ACTIVELY bisexual. If you would, would you be into mmf threesomes, or would you prefer not to participate?
  2. Barbwire

Barbwire Gold Member

Photos:
    Nope, I would divorce my husband if I found out he was having sex with men and there is no way I'd be into a MMF. It's just not my thing.

3. RedHotLady

RedHotLady New Member

yeah..I really don't know if I could tolerate it either....something that I would have to think about.
  4. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

From the responses so far I'd say this is one area where a double standard definitely exists. I'm willing to bet most guys would relish the opportunity to have an ACTIVELY bisexual s/o!!
  5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix Gold Member

Unfortunately, you're probably right. However, I consider myself pretty tolerant and open minded and I don't think it would bother me all that much if my man was bisexual and had a relationship with another man. I feel comfortable enough with him that I don't think our relationship would be threatened by it.

I know for a fact that most men would love it if their wives/girlfriends were bisexual and had relationships with other women.
  6. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

Married?

I'm proposing Puss:):)
  7. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix Gold Member

Aww...I'm flattered. This is the first time someone on this forum has asked me to marry him. However, the Swede (my SO) would be devastated. However, I wish you the best of luck in finding that special someone. Maybe you should come to Sweden. They're pretty sexually progressive, open-minded, and free over here. ;)
  8. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

yes, i know, as in most of europe excluding deuchtland of course!! My american compatriots are still uptight victorians not matter how "sexually liberated" they believe themselves to be!!
  9. heelfetish

heelfetish Gold Member

I see a whole lot of double-standards when it comes to sex and relationships. It's frustrating to say the least. :(
  10. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I agree with you on that.
  11. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

I'm a pretty big believer in monogamy. So if I'm in a serious relationship that is that, unless on a rare occasion a 3some is agreed upon well ahead of time...
    And my boyfriend must be an annomally... he would break up with me if I were actively bisexual
  12. evman

evman New Member

I would love for my wife to be with a woman sexually but not in a relationship with one just as I wouldn't want her to be in one with a man. Sex is one thing but I want to be the only one that she is emotionally involved with.
  13. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

if he came up to me and said can we try a MMF with a friend of mine, i'd be ok with it. but i wouldnt like them to have anal sex, ewwww fuck no.. maybe a spit roast or somthing would be ok, but it would have to be on a very rare occasion and i would have to know the other guy pretty well.
  14. Dreama

Dreama Gold Member

Well, I wouldn't really care as long as my SO was open with me about everything that was going on. I mostly believe in monogamy, unless we have consulted with one another about an encounter beforehand. I don't have any problem with the bisexuality as long as he was being faithful.
  15. Barbwire

Barbwire Gold Member

Photos:
    Why is it that when someone balks at certain sexual practices they are labeled as "close minded" or not being sexually "liberated"? If you asked someone what type of ice cream they liked and the said, chocolate, because they found other flavors not as tasty, would you call them an icecream prude? Would they be "uptight" in your mind?

Just because someone doesn't want to do they things other people do in bed does not make them somehow unevolved or narrow minded. Personally, I don't understand why a woman would want to be with a man that was sexually involved with other men, but that does not mean that I don't accept that they might. That is their choice, just as it is my choice to prefer 100% heterosexual men.
  16. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

well for one thing cowboy, if you don't like chocolate ice cream you wouldn't expect your so not to eat chocolate right?
  17. RedHotLady

RedHotLady New Member

EXACTLY!!
  18. Barbwire

Barbwire Gold Member

Photos:
    Lucious,

I'd expect my hubby to let me know he liked chocolate before we married, so I could have the chance to cancel the wedding, though. ;)
  19. heelfetish

heelfetish Gold Member

CL, not liking a specific act does not make you close-minded or 'uptight' IMO. However convincing others that said act is wrong, or shaming others for enjoying is. Does that make sense? I guess that's the best I can explain it.

Example one: I don't like chocolate ice cream.

Example two: Chocolate ice cream is disgusting! How the hell can you guys eat that?!? It's dirty! Gross! Nobody in their right mind would like it. Seriously, there is something wring with you if you like chocolate ice cream. All people that like chocolate ice cream are <insert label here>.

See the difference? :)
  20. LuciousLover

LuciousLover New Member

Cowboy,

I'm in 100% agreement with you on that one!! But, it doesn't address the point of why we are so threatened by sexual preferences....for example suppose your potential husband was your "soulmate" in every respect expect for his bisexuality....that would be the deal breaker? Sound a bit judgmental and limiting.....in my experience the more sexually adventurous tend to be more intelligent, outgoing, witty, etc., ...... just in my experience ok, so no flames please!!

and yes heelfetish, you're right it is kinda of ummm sexually racist (for lack of a better term) ...