Birth Control

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HotForHoney, Oct 9, 2014.

1. HotForHoney

Gold Member

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

One thing wrong with that add, there's one to many kids. Two is max for me. My wife and I can divide and conquer with one on one, add another or two and you're screwed. We believe you have to give your kids every opportunity to succeed. We couldn't afford any more and how do you handle it when you have one kid on one state at a function and another in another state at a function, and yet a third or fourth elsewhere? A friend of mine suggested I get fixed, that way if I screw around, I won't knock up some chick, which he's done twice.... I declined. My wife did get a tubal after our second was born so we're done.

3. ginger

Gold Member

As a day excursion I want to visit planet backcheck lol

4. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I'm so glad you and your wife have figured out the perfect formula for everyone's happiness, health and success

5. backcheck64

Gold Member

Planet earth, just use some common sense.

6. JonJo

Gold Member

Using your system of two only the human race would have been fucked by the fourth generation, to ensure continuation you really need four. You might be able to divide but you can't multiply.
    Try the thought of both children being of one sex and then your multiplication is fucked literally.
    Or was the sex of your children something else you and your wife could pre-decided.
    But thinking about it maybe some gene pools are better drying up.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'd rather have two brilliant, talented kids than four average to idiot level. And we did to an extent pick the sexes. By timing with ovulation, having sex on ovulations for a boy, a couple of days after for a girl,(and it worked for us), we did pick. And your numbers may have applied to the population 200 yrs ago when the average life expectancy was 46 yrs, with a large number dying early in life, but today, it doesn't apply.

8. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Prospective intelligence, attractiveness, cost of care, and other entirely unpredictable factors should never come into consideration when planning a family. You could be a couple of 180+ IQed rocket scientist/brain surgeon/business tycoons and still have a kid that looks like E.T. after a savage beating with the Ugly Stick and who has an IQ of 57 and requires regular treatments for some heinous genetic defect.

It's all a matter of how you choose to raise your children, their natural abilities, and the environment they are placed in that will ultimately determine anything about them that matters. Thinking otherwise is folly.

Two children may be the perfect fit for some, but it isn't for everyone. Personally, I don't care if you have 0, 1, 2, or 3000 kids - as long as you are providing a healthy, productive, and happy environment for them to live in then fuckin' go for it. Raise your children to also in their turn be positive influences on the world around them and who cares about anything else?

Of course, maybe I'm entirely wrong. Because looking at history, the Lebensborn program worked out completely 100% effectively. YAY FOR EUGENICS!

9. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I'm proud of and love all four of my average to idiotic children I wouldn't change it for the world no matter what. I'm the oldest of 5 my other 4 idiotic siblings and I grew up fine and are all doing pretty well my youngest brother just started college my youngest sis is a senior in hs and has few colleges knocking on her door due to her academics damn what an average idiot she turned out to be.

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Congrats to your youngest sister, son is also a senior, 27 colleges are fighting over him. Mizzou currently leads with a full ride and a place on the hockey team. My daughter is a sophomore and two colleges are currently persuing her at this time but after she takes the ACT and with her making TriM along with National Honor Society and class rank of 1 out of 596, that should rise rapidly. We waited 9 yrs before having kids, planned pretty well every detail plannable. We do that with everything. I see countless kids who are from 4-7 kid families that there isn't money or time to allow them to do what they are good at or interested in. I was in one of those families as was my wife. We learned from out parents mistakes.

11. HotForHoney

Gold Member

It must have sucked growing up with such awful, thoughtless parents.

Hopefully your other siblings care and respect your parents more than you.

10_3XL and Mikey22 like this.
  12. _lookin4fun_

Verified Gold Member

Your parents' mistakes? You mean loving you and putting a roof over your head and food on the table? Paying attention to you and making sure you had the things that you need to survive until you could take responsibility for yourself and make something of yourself. While I believe you can have your own opinions of what it takes to be successful, your opinions are just that. It does not mean the way you think life should be lived is the ONLY way that everyone should live in order to be successful.

If any parent loves each of their kids and makes sure they have food to eat, clothes to wear, and a place to live then I think they have been pretty fucking successful as parents.

I feel sorry for your kids if just getting into the best college has been your whole goal for them. Great legacy douche bag! Most college graduates don't work in the field they studied and they have debt up the ass until they die. So happy that your kids got a full ride but most don't and to call the parents irresponsible because they choose to have more kids is disrespectful!

AGFUNK, WC1989, skinnyminnie and 4 others like this.
  13. _lookin4fun_

Verified Gold Member

Oh and backcheck64... just in case I wasn't clear as to how I feel about your opinions, YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

AGFUNK, WC1989, teamster145 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mikey22

Gold Member

What is wrong with being average or even below average? Not everyone has the ability to have a high GPA. And everyone don't have rich parents to send there kids to college. I observe lots of college aged kids. Thousands and thousands of dollars in debt. With no job or anything to show for it. That college loan will probably ruin there credit for the rest of there lives.

We could only have one child, She has one more year of High school. She does the best she can do. And thats good enough for us.

15. teamster145

Gold Member

I am curently pondering the mistake your parents may have made by even having children. Hmmmmm

_lookin4fun_ and HotForHoney like this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

You'll forgive this member of the Proletariat speaking out against your Bourgeois ideals (delusions?) but...

I resent the implication that children from families/households that weren't meticulously planned, financially stable (if not well-off), and highly involved in numerous activities are somehow lesser beings than those who had a more fortunate upbringing. Simply because someone didn't have all the advantages of the "Ruling Class" doesn't make them any less credible as an individual or less valid as a being. Look at how many great men and women throughout history have come from nothing!

Setting my joking references to Marxist ideology aside: The vast majority of families are not meticulously planned as some sort of scientific experiment in genetic advancement of the human race. Most parents don't sit down and think, "Man, if we wait until these exact conditions are met then we could have our own little Kal-El!" The extent of their planning (if any) is usually, "Hey, we love each other - let's start a family!"

Even if a family is so carefully and clinically planned and engineered by the parents, not everyone is blessed with strong financial backing and material wealth to bolster their position in the world. Many have to make due with what G-d provides and what they are able to earn through their own blood, sweat, and tears. Socioeconomic standings have absolutely no impact on a person's intrinsic value, capabilities, and potential. It has no impact on how far or high a person can climb if they have the will to do so. It has no impact on how smart, funny, attractive, strong, or wise an individual may be or become. Simply because one family can afford to spend upwards of $25000/year on each of their children's wants/needs does not make them any better, higher, or more relevant than the family who can barely manage $25/year for their children's wants/needs.

Personal experience has shown me that the intangible elements of the individual have far greater sway on Life than the tangible. Determining such factors as "Do I start a family or not?" based off of whether or not you could buy out Donald Trump if you so chose and regularly have cocktails with Warren Buffett and the Koch Brothers should not ever enter your mind when it comes to family planning.

All that matters is as I stated before:
    - Is there desire to have a family?
    - Is there love between the parents and in store for their future offspring?
    - Can a healthy, safe, positive environment be provided for all?
    - Will the family be productive members of society (in one form or another - they don't have to cure cancer or anything, just contribute to the health of humanity in some way)?

Please take a more enlightened approach to birth control, family planning, and other related topics. Ranting about the superiorities of some mythical Better Class of People is so heavily implicative of the erroneous idealizations of Eugenics that it turns my stomach. I recognize there was a Eugenics program in basically every country worldwide at the start of the 20th century (mandatory sterilization is still technically law in a few US states), but it was an unenlightened and dangerous practice. I again point in the direction of the Lebensborn, the R.E.S., and other such programs.

Just some food for thought.

17. _lookin4fun_

Verified Gold Member

What 10_3XL is trying to say in such an eloquent and intellectual way is... YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!

18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Thanks for praising my message - but please don't put words in my mouth.

BackCheck64 is by no stretch of the imagination an idiot - he's an intelligent man, as he has illustrated numerous times here on the forums.
    Is he at times abrasive and come across as ignorant? You betcha.
    Are we ever guilty of those exact same sins? You bet your ass we are.

Note once more that I don't agree with his stance here (or even on about 70% of things we both post our thoughts on) - I sincerely feel it is unfair, close-minded, and willfully ignorant. However, I was NOT calling him out as a "fucking idiot" - I want that to be 100% clear.

AGFUNK, Mikey22 and Cappy_Dick like this.
  19. _lookin4fun_

Verified Gold Member

Fair enough... I was calling him a fucking idiot. And for the record, I wouldn't be putting anything in your mouth.

WC1989 and HotForHoney like this.
  20. Mikey22

Gold Member

3XL That was well said Thanks