Birth Control Question for the girls

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by MansonsSlave, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MansonsSlave

MansonsSlave New Member

I have had many problems with my birth control in the past that have made my life miserable and now I'm on another kind and it's worked fine for a whille but I think I screwed it up.....I went on vacation and forgot my pills at home and didn't take any pills for a week, I got home and started taking them I would have been if I haden't forgot them....After a week or so my partner and I had sex and he's recently started cumming inside me...I've been having some pains like I'm going to get my period but I don't and one day I was wearing a dress and I started bleeding I went and cleaned up but there was no more blood..that happened a few days ago....does anyone know if I like really fucked up my pill schedual or if this is possibly a early sign of pregnancy? I have heard of spotting but I have no clue what it is

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I wouldn't worry too much. You have to be off the pill for a month or two before you are fully fertile again. When you interrupt your pill cycle in the middle of it you'll get your period, just like you would if you took the whole month's worth of pills and then had your week off. And since you've interrupted your cycle you'll have to throw the rest of this month's pills away and start over with a new pack, in order to get yourself back on track.

However, if you're really concerned I'd recommend getting a home pregnancy test, just to be safe.

3. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

Those pills can really screw your schedule up. I kept asking my gf not to eat the expired ones since she bought a whole year and some went bad before she could use them or something, but nooo haha. Her "system" got realllllly screwed up. Maybe she'll care to enlighten more or something.

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Oh yeah it's a really bad idea to take any expired medication, especially expired birth control pills because the hormones in them can actually mutate into unpleasant things you don't want in your body. My ob/gyn told me about that. But I'm pretty happy with the pill I'm using now and the pill in general is a relatively safe form of contraception.

However, Depo-Provera (the birth control shot) really screwed me up. That shit is poison. :ugh

5. Kisses

Kisses New Member

Yeah...advice to anyone: Don't take expired BC pills, even if they are only a little expired.

As for your question MansonsSlave...I don't know what that could be. I do know that if you forget to take them it does screw up your whole schedule, but if I were you, I would probably buy the home pregnancy test like Puss_in_boots suggested, just to be on the safe side, or even go see your doctor if you are really worried about it. Because there's no need to stress about it if you don't have to.

6. Jayce

Gold Member

What's the average shelf life of BC? Say I get some right now, what's their life span?

7. Kisses

Kisses New Member

I've been in BC for about 2 years. The place I go to gives you the years supply all at once. The 1st year I got the right amount with the right dates and such, the second year I guess they gave me ones with different dates and I should have checked, but I didn't. I am not sure on the actual shelf life.

8. Mystic

Mystic New Member

I'd say that it's just you're body being all screwed up from not taking them for a week. Wait a bit to see if you get back on track, if not, I'd head to the Drs.

Yuck, the pill made me miserable! I HATE hormonal BC period! The depo shot was the most horrible experience! The pill didn't even work for us...got the 2 year old to prove it! (KIDDING! I love my Daughter to pieces, even if she was a suprise :p) We use NFP and condoms for backup now, and I've never felt better! You don't realize how crappy you feel taking all those hormones until you let your body go back to normal. And I'm twice and horney ta'boot! Nice bonus!:brow

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hi Jayce...I'm not sure the exact shelf life, but I think most brands of BCP are good for about a year.

10. Jayce

Gold Member

Ah hah! So when you get a year supply at once... :brow

11. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Yep! So, technically, you and your girl would only have to have the Rx filled 3 times before graduation.

12. Braithwaite

Braithwaite New Member

Does anyone know if the way birth control affects your hormones interfere with pregnancy test results?

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hmm..that's a really good question, 'cause the way the pill works is by "tricking" (manipulating hormones) your body into "thinking" you're already pregnant. So I'm not sure if that would create a false positive on a home pregnancy test or not. I'd recommend getting blood test done at the doctor's, then.

14. MansonsSlave

MansonsSlave New Member

alright thanks everyone that replied and helped out a bit..I started to freak out and I told my fiance and we went to a place to get a test done and it was negative but I still had some doubts but by 7:00 that night I was back on track...If only I'd waited like 2 more hours:eyes

15. Donia

Donia New Member

All of the advice here is right, but strangely enough, the first time I got pregnant, I had skipped 1 pill and got right back on track. When I went to the clinic for a pregnancy test, they didn't even want to test me because they said there was no way I could be pregnant. Well, not only was I pregnant, but I had twins! lol

16. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

LOL - another mommy with twins! Nikki is a mommy w/ twins, as well! I'm sure you both will have many things to share.

Donia, I was the same way. For my first, I was on BC pills and missed just one....
    TA-DAH!
    My second, I kinda had to 'work' for (lol - Thorn says I wore him out :) )
    My third - OMG! I was still weaning the second when he showed up! :rofl
    :eek

17. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

We've all had moments like that but I think you acted appropriately and responsibly. It's always better to be safe than sorry. :)

18. MansonsSlave

MansonsSlave New Member

ahhhhh!! don't tell me that !!!:eek :nerv

19. Stan121

Stan121 Banned

be careful

20. Jayce

Gold Member

Which is why that rubber STILL won't come off of my little man, even if she is taking the pills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.