[Ask a Girl] Birth Control Pills Lowering sex drive

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by KagamiD, Jun 18, 2011.

1. KagamiD

KagamiD New Member

So I read that most birth control pills lowers the libido and can sometimes make the desire for sex non-existent. If some of you women experience this how do you deal with it? What can counter this side effect? Do you use an alternative form of birth control instead? I have a high sex drive so I wouldn't want a woman who's sex drive is slowly dropping due to birth control. But then again I don't want to get a girl pregnant. Dilemmas dilemmas.

2. Beach

Beach New Member

Every gf I have ever had has been on the pill... In my case anyway it never seemed an issue.

3. katykitan

katykitan New Member

They completely messed with mine. I was on birth control pills from 16-21, and it was awful. Lots of people have no problems - I wasn't one of them. Every now and then, I'd go off them for a few months, and would feel "back to normal" but condoms in a long-term relationship were no fun either.

After the pills, I tried the birth control ring - I finally got the guts to talk to my doctor about the decrease in my sex drive (at 21, I was a chicken) - and she suggested the different combo of hormones in the ring. It was better, but still not great.

Fast forward a few years, and kids later. Hubby had a vasectomy, and I don't take any hormonal birth control now at all. For me, it just didn't agree, and I wish I'd stopped messing with it sooner. Looking back, it would have done my sex drive a favor if we'd just stuck to the condoms, but oh well. I have no problems at all now! :)

4. giannoutso83

giannoutso83 New Member

my ex wanted to go on the pill when we were together...but i didnt want her to. i mean those pills cant be good for her. no one likes condoms but be a little considerate about their health too. a latex baggy never heart any one....unless you allergic :p

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife was on the pill for years without any side effects. We chose this as our method of birth control because it is more reliable than condoms, and natural sex feels much nicer than using condoms (which is like having a shower in a raincoat). Also I'm really too thick for the largest condoms, but that's an issue that not so many men will face.

In any case it wasn't a problem for her or us, and the pill is very reliable if taken correctly.

Later on, when we had our two children, I had a vasectomy.