Bible encourages marital sex

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Logger, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Logger

Gold Member

It might be convenient to have some Bible Verse Citations handy for putting my wife in the mood for allowing herself to enjoy sex. There is a shift in attitudes from the work-a-day world, to coming home and going to bed at night.

It may be good that a wife needs some encouragement to shift from a the work-a-day business attitude, to a more loving, receptive mood, welcoming advances, in the home.
    Reading my wife Bed Time stories from the Holy Bible.

Proverbs 31:10 THE WIFE OF NOBLE CHARACTER, Mentions an honorable husband.

Song of Songs. In the middle of the Old Testament.

4:9, through 5, 6 and 7. Talks about Love and expresses ideas that seem obviously related to the joy of sex.

1 Corinthians 7, ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED. Gives some guidance to marital sex. Also speaks of a sex drive, that should be fulfilled in the marriage, to better avid the temptations of adultery.

Ephesians, 5:22 WIVES AND HUSBANDS. Husbands to love their wives, and wives to submit to their husbands'

On line versions for Bible Gateway.

On line concordance

In researching this post, it seems there are more sentences in the Holy Bible that warn against sex outside of wedlock, than there are sentences encouraging marital sex. But, warning about non-marital sex, seems to be a reverse type of endorsement, for marital sex.

//

Candela likes this.
  2. Barent

Verified Gold Member

With all due respect, the bible would be the last place I'd look to for advice on sex, marriage, or relationships.

3. Amature

Gold Member

I'm inclined to agree. Most scriptures I have read were that sex was for procreation only. Masterbation was a sin, as was oral, anal, and most anything except vaginal. I'm not sure I would try and "guilt" her into sex by telling her the bible says she has to submit to you, her husband. I have no idea why someone wouldn't want to pleasure a spouse sexually (my first wife didn't either) but if a woman doesn't want sex from me then I don't want it from her either. Sorry I can't help you, but I do understand your frustration.

sensless, sexyslave, CLE32793 and 3 others like this.
  4. Barent

Verified Gold Member

The purpose of organized religion is to willfully and maliciously take over people's minds and bodies. The three big monotheistic religions of Islam, Christianity and Judaism have rules about what and when you can and can't eat, when sex is permissible or not, what is never permissible, and more. I don't need the clergy, or their bibles, to tell me how to behave and act, and neither should anybody else.

5. Logger

Gold Member

Also helpful search: Arousal Poems, and Secret Desires of Married Women.

There are messages in the Bible I find helpful in how to give Love and Respect to each other.
    Eggerich, LOVE AND RESPECT

There are many parts of the Holy Bible for which I rarely find useful.

//

6. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Be fruitful and multiply.....

Yeah, just as soon as my ship come in, Boss! :rolleyes:

sensless, CLE32793 and Logger like this.
  7. whybother

Gold Member

You have every right to ignore the teachings of those religions. "Ignore" being the operative word. If someone else wants to learn from a religion, I think they have every right to do that without being ridiculed.

You go @Logger you are right Very few people appreciate that there is an aspect of Christianity that can bring sexual pleasure to additional levels. I encourage you to explore them but this forum probably isn't a place to do that successfully. There are other sites. PM if you want and I will share some thoughts.

loves2ride and glock27 like this.
  8. Barent

Verified Gold Member

9. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Yes, you are right, I should have stayed off this thread. But this site, as you pointed out, is probably not the best place to explore sex and religion.

Sorry if I offended anybody.

sensless, CLE32793, Logger and 2 others like this.
  10. Amature

Gold Member

I don't think any of us said anything that could be construed as offensive, or I hope not anyway.

sensless and loves2ride like this.
  11. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

Right on Sister!!!!
    My thoughts exactly!

CLE32793 likes this.
  12. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

Instead of Quoting everybody above. I will just say that I don't think anyone meant to offend anyone. If Christianity works for the OP and his wife, I say GREAT! Stick with it!

I just don't think this site (Sexual Forums) is exactly the type of place for religious sexual advice...

I'm glad Whybother offered to tell you some other more suitable sites for your particular sexual needs.
    Good Luck on your sexual journey :)

13. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Aaahhh, the Bible...
    aggro-gatordotcom46332.jpg
    Note: I may be religious, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh at the absurdity of it all from time to time.

14. cbrmale

Gold Member

Logger has been around for a long time now and he's got a strange marriage or maybe he's a troll; I don't really know. Beyond that we have stories about thousands of concubines, actually sex slaves taken during battle, and many other examples of not one husband and one wife sex. At one point one of the big, big sins in Christianity was masturbation, and during The Great War soldiers and especially married soldiers, were encouraged to visit prostitutes in brothels in order to deal with sexual tensions. In some cases the red light brothels for enlisted men were reasonable, but in some cases it was a camp bed covered by a dirty sheet, and 10 minutes. This was really bad for the women and these types of French brothels were known as maisons d'abattage. The end result was that for every two to three battle injuries, there was one case of VD which required soldiers to be sent to hospital for treatment.

These days the big Christian issue is homosexuality, which like masturbation is just a tiny part of a big book with many, many strange rules and regulations.

I don't think any good has come out of Judaism, Christianity or Islam in regards to sex.

sensless and petergozinya like this.
  15. Gspyder

Gold Member

Yikes. I think I'd take a bible to the back of the head if I used it to try and get her to put out.

I'm religious, but sexuality is one of the areas I strongly disagree with the bible on.

10_3XL and Barent like this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

This man speaks truth. :)

Maturemale08 likes this.
  17. whybother

Gold Member

@Logger

I know that there are some reasons for bitterness towards religion and that's fine, but I will say it again,
    If someone else wants to learn from a religion, I think they have every right to do that without being ridiculed.

For people of faith there is another dimension to sex that we never talk about here at SF. Maybe those people aren't into some of the kink that people here are, but there is a very enjoyable aspect to the spiritual depths of sex. Most people here have at least heard of tantric sex. Tantric sex is the more well known practice,, and many Christians don't necessarily formalize their sex life in these terms but nevertheless experience it. I know you might think this is bullshit but sex is a pure expression of the creation. By creation, I am talking about the original cause. Many people speak of evolution vs creation but even in evolution there is an original creation. Maybe we evolved from single cell organisms, but something caused the single cell organisms, and something caused the primordial soup and going all the way back, something caused the Big Bang. For religious people we call this original cause God.

Regardless of whether you want to name that original cause, you can view all of nature as the embodiment of that cause. Sex is our best manifestation of that creative force. The thing that turns most people off about this view of sex is that it stresses sex as an act of love. Religious sex is about surrender of self. That is at least why Christians stress "married" sex. Marriage is a framework in which to give up yourself totally. That is the rationale for monogamy. If I give myself to another person totally, there is nothing left for anyone else. If both people give themselves to each other it creates a deep spiritual bond that enhances the sexual act. A sexual partner is no longer merely an object of pleasure but becomes an exercise in enrichment. Sex becomes an act of self improvement rather than just a pleasurable diversion.

... Or I'm full of shit. anyway like I said there are other places to learn about this approach to sex. SF is probably not the place to discuss it. As you will see from the reacti0on that I will get to this post.

Gspyder and 10_3XL like this.
  18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I think we all need to stop talking about religion... we're making Baby Jesus cry. :p

And @whybother - you are full of shit, but so are we all. :)

whybother likes this.
  19. Meee

Gold Member

The boyfriend spanked me with a leather-bound Bible. Does that count?

20. Candela

Verified Gold Member

You forgot the most important thing! ...She must be on her knees while you are reading to her..She needs to look the pope in the eye as she prays!! :D:D