[Ask a Girl] Better ways to lead

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by too_thick, Dec 6, 2010.

1. too_thick

too_thick Member

What's some Better ways to lead the conversation,because I suck at doing so and it does not go anywhere. :ugh

2. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

ask questions :D

3. too_thick

too_thick Member

What's some good questions to ask?

4. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

depends on if you are wanting to talk about sex or not sex

ask about her family (brothers, sisters, etc), her job/school, hobbies, if she could live anywhere in the world where & why, compliment her on clothing or accessory - ask her where she got it (say your sister/cousin/whoever would LOVE to have one - steer clear of "friend" - use a relative only)

sex talk.. ask about her kinkiest fantasy, ask her to tell you something she hasn't told anyone before (works for non-sexual too), her celeb crush, the best sex she ever had (WHY was it so good?), freakiest place she's gotten it on, worst sex & why

5. too_thick

too_thick Member

Sounds like some good questions to ask.

6. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

most girls like to talk about themselves & speaking from experience, I can be quiet/shy in the beginning of a relationship (by that I mean friends/FWBs/whatever) and questions MAKE you talk :)

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

I ask people what they like to do for fun; hobbies, entertainment, music, etc.

8. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

Alcohol helps immensely with this. I can talk to girls quite comfortably without it, but a few alcoholic beverages make me a little cheeky which girls generally like. I also care less about coming over as a 'nice' guy and tend to be very honest with my thoughts and desires. Of course, don't get too drunk as that's definitely unattractive. Experience has taught me when I've reached this stage and I've trained myself to go home and sleep long before I reach it :p

9. Pointman

Pointman New Member

You could play the "things i like about you" game, where you take turns telling each other what you like about them...

10. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Yeah.....but the best way to engage someone else in conversation is to get them to talk about themselves you know.....:D
    As the others have said.....ask questions....but try not to make it look like an inquisition you know....:eyes
    And dont lead into any kind of sex talk too early.....unless they bring it up first....
    Only makes you come across as being creepy....

#10 Hot Wheels, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  11. htoad

htoad Active Member

Ask questions, but ask "open-ended" questions - questions that cannot be answered by "yes" or "no". And then listen and key off of the response. So examples:

if they had mentioned or indicate a like or hobby: "I see you like <something>. How did you get interested in that"?

"I was thinking about seeing <name a movie>. What do you think of those types of movies?"

If they have expressed seeing or reading something recently: "Interesting. what did you like about it? was there anything you didn't like about it?"

If they have expressed a dislike for something" "how do you think it should be changed/improved?"

If they have expressed something they are working towards in their school/career: "that is interesting. How do you see yourself going down that path?"

In words they may look a little hokey... but when talking, they can get the person conversing in a non-threatening way.