Better than facebook

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrmojorisin, May 27, 2015.

1. mrmojorisin

Gold Member

Over the last few weeks I have been on sf more than Facebook.
    Does anyone else prefer sf ?

2. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Well duuuuuuh..lol

3. Englishman

Verified Gold Member

Facebook what's that ?? :D

4. mrmojorisin

Gold Member

I realise I just stated the obvious. What I ment was I have more in common with all you guys and girls than I do with ppl I actually know

5. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I can be more open in many ways here. I feel like I'm interacting with equals here (for the most part). It's easier to zero in on what content you want to see here. SF respects my right to privacy and doesn't plaster my info all over the web... the list goes on, but basically I agree that this place is definitely my preference.

6. lucky5338

Verified Gold Member

I do not and will not join facebook :)
    I like it here with all my good friends :)

tgb69m, Candela and mrmojorisin like this.
  7. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Fuck Facebook. I've never used it and I never will.

tgb69m, Candela and mrmojorisin like this.
  8. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

I use Facebook. I scan though it but don't post often.
    It's great when your family is so far away I can keep up with what everyone doing.
    I spend far more time here. It's just different from this and fills a different need.

9. Meee

Gold Member

Facebook is one of the ways my family all over the world keeps in contact. What this means, of course, is that my mother and other relatives see my profile, pictures, activities, interests, friends, and so on. And as we now know, so do the spy agencies. I'm much more comfortable here, though really only one aspect of my life is represented here. All the other aspects of my life are represented there.

10. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

I agree with Sweetly and Meee in every aspect. My closet friend is 1500 miles away and moving further away, for now it's our best means of keeping in contact. I use it occasionally although no where near as much now. It's rather annoying actually and I'd prefer delete it but I probably won't....it's the easiest way for me to get pictures of the kids ;)

Candela and djanalyst like this.
  11. FeelingHornay

FeelingHornay New Member

facebook provides a lager community formed by smaller communities infected for a huge part of fake accounts and people that claim part into into a group without really being part of it. the result is that there is really not a community to relate to.
    I always preferred individual communities built on common interest, it makes it less confusive. :)
    this community may lack of a broader range of ideas to debate, or a greater range of active users, but that's a good in its way, like I said it makes things easier and realer to deal with.

12. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

I got on fb for a while, i did not use my real name thus they suspended my account. The fb gods then sent me an email demanding a copy of my dl, i demanded a bj first. I still have not heard back......

13. sensless

Gold Member

I don't go often on FB. And I never post anything there. I've done in the past, but it was short-lived.

Here, on the other hand, I feel like a belong. I'm a horny, sensual woman who breathes pheromones. Where else could I be?

14. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

See, i knew all you lovely horny people were my real family.....excuse me, i need a tissue....not for my eyes.......

mrmojorisin and sensless like this.
  15. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I use FB like some of the others here, to keep in touch with family way off. I also use the FB for social media for business promotion.

djanalyst likes this.
  16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I don't know. I kind of have to disagree with you about the "lack or a broader range of ideas." If you look around a bit you'll see a very diverse range of post topics and discussions. Or, if you want to talk about something non-sexual that you find interesting, then post a thread in the Lounge. Odds are pretty good someone will take up a conversation/discussion with you. :)

sensless and FeelingHornay like this.
  17. sandwich

Gold Member

I had no FB account for a time after someone from the internet spent a lot of time trying to find me. That was it for me or so I thought. Down went everything. There is not a single picture of me that I posted myself anywhere that I have control over online, but I do realize that does not mean my picture is not out there somewhere.

Not too long ago I started a new Facebook account with my first name and a different last name with absolutely no identifying information. No one can search for me. I did not even use my new married last name, so I basically had to message all my friends and family that so and so is really me and ask them to never tag me in a photo ever. This means there are a few pics of me with friends and family that do not identify me as me.

It is a decent way to keep up with people I don't see often because of distance, but you can't talk about your sex life so candidly as you can here. This place is better for discussing music too because on music forums people argue like little kids as if music was some sort of religion.

18. FeelingHornay

FeelingHornay New Member

no doubt, there are tons of threads.
    what I was saying is, there is not a broader choice of sections (which is good), because this forum isn't meant to let people become too dispersive but let people share more about their sexual interests.
    like you said the Lounge is where people drops their whatever else. mine was a constructive observation, wasn't saying there's a lack of ideas from the members. :p

this is totally different from fb and totally better.

10_3XL likes this.
  19. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I recently made a candid post about my sex life on Facebook. It got no "likes" or comments. So, I asked my friends if they'd seen it. They all basically shuffled their feet and stared intently at a spot just above my head. Learned that day that even my most "perverted" friends are actually total prudes.

PS - I would never dare argue music with you. I'd get told. Though we seem to agree for the most part on that topic, so I think this is a non-issue. :)

sandwich likes this.
  20. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Yeah, absolutely! Didn't mean to seem unfriendly with my contesting of your post. I simply didn't fully understand what you were saying. Apologies.

You... you're alright. :cool: