best way to stretch thigh?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by redics_girl, Jan 30, 2013.

1. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

I'm taking a spin class as part of my course load this semester, but i missed the last 2 weeks and my bike at home has been broken. i didnt do any biking over that period, but i did other cardio (yes, sex counts, especially lately), and more walking, including stairs and hill climbs. Anyway, I finally made it back to class today and got on the bike, and noticed a lot of tension in my right thigh. As the class went on and we moved from saddle to standing to jumps, the tension got worse until my thigh just locked up. I had to get off the bike because my knee and leg refused to peddle anymore, and there wasn't a lot of tension on the bike as we were doing a final sprint. i spent some time massaging the area and trying to stretch it out, and felt a giant knot about halfway around my leg. my question is- what is the best way to stretch this area? I tried a couple things from my high school athlete days, but they were more for the back of my thigh and calves, when the pain is mostly in the front of my thigh

2. mrcock

Gold Member

best thing is not to rape your thigh more

use your thigh jus when it stops to hurt

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Squat down and hold that position. Lean back a little even.

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've never really stretched out before a ride. Wife does slow lunges to loosen up. The kids, being goalies, run before a game, then, dressed out, then slowly drop into the splits, three times, each a little faster, they the third time while in the splits, flex the knees...they do a similar thing before riding though.

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Stretch after you work out, not before.